Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2011 13:00

Cannot use Update Check to download latest version of Fast Access.

I have received notices that a new version of Fast Access is available, but I cannot download it. I instead receive the message " Unable to perform update check. Please check your internet connection and try again later.   Illegal characters in path." I cannot find this update anywhere in my searches, and so must use the update check. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work? While my internet connection is working properly, my Fast Access is not working properly.  Thank you

• 

16.7K Posts

May 31st, 2011 12:00

Jim P9295,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

What version are you running? Do you have Windows 7 installed?

Incident # 19118597

8 Posts

June 2nd, 2011 21:00

I also have just encountered this issue.  The version of FastAccess I am using is 2.4.96.  I am running Windows 7, 64 bit, Ultimate edition.

3 Posts

June 17th, 2011 15:00

I've the same issue, with same version (2.4.96) running Windows 7 64 bit Professional.

1 Message

June 20th, 2011 14:00

I two am have the same problem. version 2.4.95 Anyhelp would be helpful.

8 Posts

June 20th, 2011 16:00

Not sure that my post worked correctly.  I just contacted Sensible Vision directly, with the incident number from this thread.  Sensible Vision supplied a link to download the new version.  I have installed the new version and everything seems to be working fine.  Hope this helps.

8 Posts

June 20th, 2011 16:00

I gave up w

1 Message

June 22nd, 2011 17:00

Can you share the link?

8 Posts

June 22nd, 2011 17:00

I was asked not to share the link and I will honor that request.  Sorry.  But you should have no issue in obtaining it if you write to them.

1 Message

July 1st, 2011 08:00

I have the same problem. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Dell XPS M1530.

9 Posts

July 11th, 2011 18:00

I'm having this same issue, except the update process has actually ended up REMOVING my working FastAccess program, and then failing the upgrade - leaving me with FA uninstalled - faaaantastic.

For the past few weeks, my Dell Studio 1747 Win7 x64 system has been displaying FastAccess notifications that "an update is available." I attempted to proceed w/the update once a few weeks back, but the update failed. No mas, as the version I already had (I believe it was 2.4.9x?) remained functional. Since then I have been ignoring the update prompts.

A couple of days ago, I decided to try again ... followed the FastAccess update prompts, which again kicked off downloading the new FastAccess client and initiated the install. Again, near the end of the process I was informed that the update was unable to complete, and it proceeded to "roll back" the installer's changes. This time, however, instead of returning me to the original state, the FastAccess software was uninstalled completely!!

I have contacted Dell twice about this issue today, as the FA software is NOT on their public support & downloads site - however, both techs I spoke to were unwilling to assist me, citing that my warranty had expired. Disregard the fact that I did not ask for support, all I needed was a pointer to the original FastAccess installer.

Great service, Dell - I suppose it's good to know that in this world of unknowns, one of the things one can count upon is subpar Dell customer service. Nevertheless, I obtained the incident # from one of the otherwise useless techs and have emailed the FA vendor (DellSupport@sensiblevision.com) in the hopes that they will, per their website (link below) honor sending me a link to the FA installer.

www.sensiblevision.com/.../dellsupport.aspx

211 Posts

July 12th, 2011 07:00

Hi - I work for Sensible Vision. Anyone experiencing this issue please contact us directly. Although the link to download the updated version is temporary and therefore cannot be shared publicly, we are happy to work with anyone on a one-on-one basis to get the updated version working for you. Email addresses are available on our website (sorry - they're difficult to post here and not have the post removed). 

We look forward to helping you all. Thanks. 

No Events found!