REACHUP
1 Copper

RE: Command | Update keeps finding same drivers

Encountering the same issue with a few different Latitude models. The old software had the same problem and I was really hopeful that it would be fixed by now. I thought it might be related to my script running the command line version, but the GUI gives the same results. 

0 Kudos
Cedric H
1 Copper

Finally, uninstalled Dell Command update and reinstalled x64 version and now all is fine and running smooth.

REACHUP
1 Copper

I should have added that I was using the 64 bit v. 2.0.0.

0 Kudos
kirkd
5 Rhenium

I find it easier to goto the driver page for your computer and MANUALLY download and install the drivers.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
Zhayche
1 Copper

Using a Latitude E6540 here as well.

Could you post where you found the program version information in the program itself?

Could you also provide a download link? It appears there is only one type of v2.0.0 available, which seems to be 32 bit, based on the fact it installed in Program Files (x86).

I reinstalled using this version, but the three updates (Intel 6235 Wifi Driver [N0WJW], Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer Driver [GJVHD], and Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver [PJXTY]) still appear.

I have tried selecting each one individually. N0WJW and GJVHD are able to download and install successfully, but PJXTY always fails.

I have also tried manually installing N0WJW and GJVHD. Both reported success. PJXTY could not be found on the Dell support website.

I can post installation logs for these drivers (manual or from Dell Command Update) or the Dell Command Update software itself if necessary.

0 Kudos
Zhayche
1 Copper

An update: the program now only shows two updates upon checking. These are Intel 6235 Wifi Driver [N0WJW], and Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver [PJXTY].

In the Activity Log, however, from when the program ran automatically as scheduled, there is an entry for a failed installation of a driver with an ID of Y8V8V. Inspection of the message reveals it is named Realtek ALC3226 HD Audio Codec Driver. No subsequent check for updates has shown this driver again.

0 Kudos
mtcerio
1 Copper

Similar problem here, Dell OptiPlex 9020. Driver in question is:

Intel USB3.0 xHCI Driver (15/05/2014) 5JFFN

If I try to manually install the package from the dell support website, I do indeed get a failure in the installation process. A pop-up window says that setup has failed, and gives no further information. Only option is to click OK and quit.

Cheers

maTTeo

0 Kudos
kirkd
5 Rhenium

Same answer. MANUALLY download the needed drivers and install one at a time. Most driver updates are unnecessary. Only update when the update claims to solve a problem you have or the current driver doesn't have all the features you need. 

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
mtcerio
1 Copper

Same answer. MANUALLY download the needed drivers and install one at a time. Most driver updates are unnecessary. Only update when the update claims to solve a problem you have or the current driver doesn't have all the features you need. 

This is what I did, as I said in my message. The MANUAL installation failed with a generic failure error.

0 Kudos
KICONOS
1 Copper

Scott,  Having the exact same issue with Latitude E6440 (Late 2013).  No USB 3.0 operability now.  Dell Command Update utility returns old versions of drivers when compared against the same in the download drivers support page for the system tag.   Please provide the fix/advise.

0 Kudos