Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2013 07:00

Cyberlink for BluRay download

Hello,

I have an XPS desktop.  I am beyond warranty support.  I have a bluray drive.  I recently had a virus and reinstalled my OS on a brand new SSD.  Everything works fine with drivers downloaded and loaded from disk, except BluRay playback, because those downloads are not free and Dell's third-party driver download website with no contact info is one of the least functional websites I've ever tried to use and when I do finally get in, has only Adobe PDF reader downloads, which are free anyway.

When I call support I am shuffled around because I have no warranty.  Occasionally I get a tech who cares, but still doesn't know the answer and they do the same googling I have done and tell me things like 'you need a special bluray drive' or 'try VLC'

What I do have is a packing slip that says CyberLink Power DVD on it.  After my HDD failure a few years ago, I requested hard copies of all standard software for my system.  I still have those, but they do not include CyberLink.

I need a copy of a compatible version of CyberLink PowerDVD and while we are at it, Roxio as well.  Here is the relevant information from the packing slip:

421-3844        CYBERLINK POWERDVD 9.5, BD

420-8154        Roxio Creator 10.2 Premium    Blu-Ray

Thank you,

DCB

1.5K Posts

May 8th, 2013 08:00

Hi DCB,

If I understand correctly you are referring to ‘My Dell Downloads’ when you say Dell’s 3rd party driver download website. If you have not tried ‘My Dell Downloads’, please refer to the link below: http://dell.to/16h2NK6

Please share the system model and the operating system.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further. 

2 Posts

May 8th, 2013 18:00

Hi Amogh,

Thank you for your attention.  You're right I am referring to My Dell Downloads, which is here:

https://smartsource.dell.com/Web/Welcome.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fweb%2fmain.aspx

This site didn't function most of the times I tried it (using IE as it suggests), phone support could not comment on it, and when I finally got into it once, it only had old versions of Adobe Acrobat.

I would prefer any solution not involving this website.  I would prefer software CDs/DVDs to anything else.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit on an XPS9100. 

My Bluray drive in Bios is:

HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH30N ATA Device [Optical drive]

1.5K Posts

May 9th, 2013 09:00

Hi DCB,

Please share the information listed below via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) and we will take it further from there:

• System Service Tag.
  • Name (First, Last)
  • E-mail address
  • Country
  • Language
  • Browser Used & Version.
  • Portal Password

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

No Events found!