This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 6th, 2011 04:00

DataSafe "Out of Memory" error message

I've started getting an error message whenever I run DataSafe Online:

"Error Code BuEng_2202

Out of memory"

Google turns up nothing

I have plenty of memory available both in my online account, ram and hard drives.  Use to work fine.  Any suggestions?

• 

16.7K Posts

March 7th, 2011 09:00

Schneiderman,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with Datasafe Online.  Have you tried reinstalling the appication?  You may need to upgrade to the latest version of Datasafe Online if you haven't done so. Keep me posted.

March 7th, 2011 13:00

I'm willing to try that.  Where do I get the latest version ?  Mine is 1.2.011.  When I click on check for updates nothing happens.

Is there a number I can call for support on DataSafe Online?

• 

16.7K Posts

March 8th, 2011 07:00

Schneiderman,

Yes, the support number to call is 877-218-1671.

March 8th, 2011 13:00

Thanks Jesse.  Reinstalling solved the problem.

1 Message

August 30th, 2011 19:00

I have uninstalled & reinstalled so many times, it makes my head spin!!  In addition, I've lost track of how many technical people at DELL that I've talked with.  I haven't had a completely successful backup since the end of April.  Pretty disgusted considering I'm paying for 100G of storage that's not being used!!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 31st, 2011 10:00

Use the backup program included with Windows. Windows 7 Backup and Restore does a good job of backing up and making system images to save on an external hard drive. Large external drives are very inexpensive nowadays and give you control of your backups. They have much more storage than 100gb. A Datasafe subscription expires after a year.

7 Posts

November 24th, 2011 21:00

It wasnt about the program it was about the fact that they and others pay for dell datasafe, have these issues where uninstall/reinstall and upgrade etc wont fix it. have issues getting refunds or backups created or restored! person i spoke with has been going on 8 months, no resolution and no data on the backup with logs it was created. too much effort to get a resolution that no one seems to know exists.

No Events found!