Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 10th, 2014 18:00

Dell 15R SE 7520 My Dell Downloads says "SERVICE TAG NOT SUPPORTED" need>>>Cyberlink PowerDVD-Blueray Download

I buy dells all the time...and I have never had an issue adding a new system to my dell downloads...I've even managed to do it with older system>>>Talk about a life saver, buying used-to find they never used this program... But I have a New Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520, with a Blueray drive. In order to even play any types of bluerays, you have to have a program for the codec..My laptop Came with Cyberlink PowerDVD, but a replaced Hard drive, and I lost this program. My laptop is under warranty........I have the dell USB Pen.....I have the Dell Windows 7 disk......I do not have the dell media disk or programs and drivers..."somebody said on another post, it all on the USB PEN-But I can not even figure out the use of this on my PC---I tried to boot from it, and it gets all the way to locate drive and shut off????When I plug it in in windows 7-I don't see any Cyberlink program.. But, for some reason, when I got my new drive, I couldn't figure out how to get the USB pen to work...so I had to use the DVD---The Dell DVD only has the operating system.... Went to my Dell Downloads, and click the register my system...and I got "SERVICE TAG NOT SUPPORTED" ANYBODY KNOW WHY? Should I contact dell and ask them to send me the media? As it sits, it already bytes> not being able to use the HD 7730M for video's and or Streaming...... Thanks for reading and I value any help!!!

78 Posts

July 8th, 2014 08:00

Please anybody with help on this subject?

78 Posts

July 8th, 2014 10:00

NEVER MIND ALL.....

Per Dell Service Tech....

A Refurbished system can not benefit from using this service. In Order to Use My Dell Downloads...The Unit Must be Brand New!!!!!!

So even with a warranty......nada......

So even if you have purchased refreshed in the past and it worked.....NADA>>>>>>>

I think its a Crock Of you know what, but what can you do??????

Good News, Dell is very easy to deal with sometime, They are sending me a replacement Disk right away....

The Guys I talked to said, anything other software, can be downloaded on Net.........

Anybody know where I can find the dell Stage stuff....I sure like those on all my dells....Dell Stage Video/Photo/ETC/ETC????

Thanks for reading

78 Posts

June 16th, 2014 21:00

Theirs got to be somebody here that know this answer????

No Events found!