Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

January 25th, 2014 13:00

Dell Backup and Recovery Software

I have a XPS12 9Q33. I recently updated the Backup and Recovery software; however, each time I open the manager I get an error and it tells me needs to close. So, today I tried to reinstall the software. Of course, it tells me it's already installed and I would need to use my factory backup or uninstall the software. I uninstalled the software or so I thought (it's no longer in my programs & features). But each time I try to install the software it still will not let me and states it's still installed.What other options are there so I can get this installed properly? Thanks

3 Posts

February 12th, 2014 03:00

Same issue, curious to find out the solution

30 Posts

February 12th, 2014 15:00

I received no support on this even through their tech support. I had to use a backup to things back to where things were good.

255 Posts

February 14th, 2014 11:00

Hello,

I am the Lead Quality Engineer for "Dell Backup & Recovery" and would like to provide a little more information so I can help resolve this situation for you.

• To be clear, you are using "Dell Backup & Recovery" and not "Dell Backup and Recovery Manager" or "Dell DataSafe", correct?
  • If you are using "Dell Backup and Recovey Manager" or "Dell Datasafe",  please uninstall these as they are now obsolete and have been replaced with "Dell Backup & Recovery"
  • Dell Backup & Recovery will have two entries in "Programs and Features" (control panel), both should be uninstalled (reboot!)
  • Download the latest version (1.6.4.2) of Dell Backup & Recovery from www.dellbackupandrecovery.com and install it (reboot!)
  • Wait about 20 minutes after reboot for all the services to startup and then try these operations again.

Please post a reply and let me know if this works.  I am interested in your continued feedback.

No Events found!