Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2016 11:00

Dell Backup and Recovery update

Dell Backup and Recovery ver 1.9.2.8 on 4 different Dell PCs (all Windows 10 version 1607) all indicate there is an update to the program available, yet when I attempt to download and install the alleged update I'm told I have latest version.

Both cannot be true. Does anyone know what is going on?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 2nd, 2016 14:00

Diff models use diff versions of DBR and if you upgraded from another windows you might not need that program with win 10 especially if you have the Basic verson. See this and follow the links-- www.dell.com/.../SLN115289

Use Windows Backup programs instead--File History and System Image

1 Rookie

• 

70 Posts

November 3rd, 2016 08:00

I edited my priginal post to include screenshots of what DBR is displaying on launch (also the tray icon indicates there is something that needs attention) on all 4 of my Dell PCs (XPS8500, XPS8700, Inspiron3647 desktops, and a Inspiron5749 laptop) , all running the same version of DBR. (Screenshots from the Inspiron3647) and during my attempts to update it.

If I click the "check for updates under the "?" (help icon) I am also told the program has an update available.

As I said in my original post "need and upgrade" and  "have the most current version" cannot be true at the same time. So which is it and how do I update if an update is avaliable?

No Events found!