Re: Dell DataSafe LOCAL Backup 2.0

Jump to solution

RNARCIS74,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

That error indicates that DSL set up is unable to locate recovery partition. Did you recently have a hard drive replaced? Some times, even though the partition is available; set up can't access it.

0 Kudos
rnarciso74
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Jesse L,

Thanks for the reply.  I am trying to install DSL on a refurbished M101z laptop that I recently purchased from the Dell Outlet.  There is a Recovery partition (D: drive), with a Factory.wim file inside the D:\Dell\Image folder.

The RPSetup.exe.log file leftover after the failed installation includes this line:

[2011-05-15 01:19:38] INFORMATION : ISOPart not found (7) (cannot find bootmgr and RP:\Recovery\WindowsRE\winre.wim) 

So maybe the installation is failing because it is looking for winre.rim which does not exist?

Thanks,

rnarciso74

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Marciso74,

It would appear that the Restore image is corrupt or not there. You will need to manually install windows.

0 Kudos
MR_ENGINEER
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i purchased an inspiron n5030 laptop and i encountred a problem with the OS and installed another one now i installed drivers from the disc but dell data safe backup couldn't be found is there a way to download it or even backup files with another way 
thx  

0 Kudos
Lcwii37
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Here is a link to get  Data Safe Local  Backup 2.0.

dslbdownload.datasafelocalbackup.com\dsldownload-en.html

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Having had a HD failure following windows updates I am now being blackmailed by Dell into paying to get my data back. Did anyone fnd a solution to this?

0 Kudos
End User
1 Copper

RE: Dell DataSafe LOCAL Backup 2.0

Jump to solution

www.goodells.net/.../fixes.shtml

Nice page on the DELL hard drive partition - I'm interested in restoring a HD that got the format and partition wiped. This fella describes software & hardware. Also which version of Op-Sys used what type of software to create the "hidden image" on the hidden partition....knowledge is power...undelete was written by Mr. Norton; ya might give this method.a think.

0 Kudos