Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2012 19:00

Dell Dock Won't install

I've reinstalled dell dock on my Inspiron 1545 Windows 7 Home Premium machine several times.  Crashed again and I'm stuck.  I normally-

1) Uninstall

2) Search for any references to Delldock (including hidden folders) and delete

3) Reinstall.

Has worked fine in the past, but I don't think I got everything removed this time before I started the reinstall.  After several failed attempts including 2 restarts, I went in and cleaned up the files.  This time when I run DellDock16a_setup_eng.exe, I get a message I've never seen before -

Error

"Could not access network location \Docs." 

I get a "Fatal derror during installation" and I'm done.

Any suggestions?

4.4K Posts

March 28th, 2012 08:00

Hi guroose1,

Welcome to the Community,

As you are confirming that you have uninstalled all the previous files but it sounds like its still not completely uninstalled.I suggest you to try to install the older version from the link below,if it gets installed successfully you can update it later.

Use the link below to download and install the older version of Dell dock:

Hope this helps,

Thank You,

Roshan.

3 Posts

June 6th, 2013 13:00

Recently, I found problem with Mcafee and Mcafee ran "sfc /scannow" to find error. So I had to re-install Windows 7 OEM. I need to reinstall Dell Dock. For my case also, it reporting \Docs and the link provided above is reporting no file. Can you help? Regs Abhijit

4.4K Posts

June 7th, 2013 01:00

Hi Abhijit,

Welcome to the Community,

Try this link to download Dell Dock: www.delldock.com/download_options.aspx

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank You

3 Posts

June 7th, 2013 09:00

Thanks Roshan for your reply. However, it could not solve any problem. I am getting the same ERROR : "could not access network location \Docs". I ran CCLEANER to erase broken registries. Please advise.

4.4K Posts

June 8th, 2013 03:00

Hi Abhijit,

Some users have tried installing Dell Dock from CNET.com  and were able to get it installed.

download.cnet.com/.../3000-2072_4-10966816.html

Please try to download and install it from the above link. If issue persists then create a new user account, try to install it under new user account and see if it gets installed.

Thank You

No Events found!