Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 24th, 2013 10:00

Dell FastAccess Upgration Issue

Hi,

I'm using Dell XPS L502X laptop for the past two and half years. For some reason, recently dell support team reinstalled my OS completely. So i reinstalled all softwares again from the CDs i got from Dell. Whenever i restart my laptop, it is showing update for FastAcces and so i'm clicking yes to upgrade it.

But once after software got downloaded, while installing the exe (FAInstallV4.000.144.Dell.exe of size 32Mb)  i'm getting below error:

I tried 4 times but same issue im facing everytime. It is downloading the software but not installing it. I seriously don't understand the issue and unnecessarily wasting network bandwidth and data usage.

Please look into the issue.

3.1K Posts

July 25th, 2013 17:00

Hi Kaluva,

Try the following steps see if it helps.

-Open the Fas tAccess management console and return your security mode to "Face Logon".
-Restart the computer - this step is very important.
-Perform the update again.
-Return Fast Access to the security mode used previously.

In case the above steps do not work, then disable the Antivirus installed on your computer and try to update again.

Hope this helps.

3.1K Posts

July 24th, 2013 10:00

Hi Kaluva,

May I know the source you've used to download Fast Access Software.

Try to download the Fast Access software from My Dell Downloads. First, you would need to register your computer. Once done, you will be able to download and install it. Please ensure to use Internet Explorer as only Internet Explorer is supported on this web site.

Hope this helps.

3 Posts

July 25th, 2013 10:00

Hi,

As i mentioned in my post earlier, i dint go to dell downloads site/any thirdparty site  to download the software. I've installed from CD i got from DELL when i bought laptop 2 years ago.  After that whenever restarted, FastAccess checking for updates and showing me 4.0 update available to download and install. When i do, i'm getting that error mentioned in my post earlier.

i've registered my laptop in My Dell Downloads long back. After i login it is showing the old version of FA  (same  version which i have in my CD which is already installed and working fine). I think there is no point of downloading the same again and installing it. PFB screenshot:

With the upgraded version(FAInstallV4.000.144.Dell.exe) only im facing that error.

3 Posts

July 26th, 2013 10:00

Thanks a lot. Disabling the antivirus resolved the issue. Now it downloaded the software of size 96Mb. But donno why antivirus is preventing to download it fully.

Anyways, thanks for your immediate response.

3.1K Posts

July 26th, 2013 17:00

Hi Kaluva,

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Antivirus/firewall sometimes prevent softwares from downloading. This is normal. Feel free to reach out in case you have any further questions.

No Events found!