Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

January 12th, 2018 01:00

Dell Mobile Connect

Dell released an awsome app called Dell Mobile Connect, where you can connect your mobile to your Dell PC and start receiving calls, SMS, noticfications, etc...

The only problem with this app is that it doesn't work :)

As I understood, Dell released the app only for laptops sold after January 2018. So, you can have Dell's top XPS 15 laptop (XPS 9560), as I do, and still not be able to use the app. :(

My question is why would Dell do that? and is there any other way that I can install this app?

February 8th, 2018 02:00

Why does this meaningful question still remain unanswered?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 8th, 2018 06:00

According to the FAQ on the Mobile Connect page, it was they were concerned it wouldn't work/perform correctly on older systems, so they wanted to make sure the people who used it had a good experience, although they also say they're looking into backporting it to older systems.  It seems to rely heavily on Bluetooth, so maybe they limited this to systems that they knew would have come equipped with cards that support a very recent revision of Bluetooth?  That last part is a total guess.

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2018 16:00

I bought my XPS 8930 at the end of November 2017 which means I am outside only for a few weeks. If they haven't come up with a solution after six months what are the chances they are still working on it? 

1 Message

April 16th, 2019 13:00

Don't bother.  I'm trying to uninstall it because it constantly locks up my phone when texting and I can't get it to disconnect when I don't want it.  It automatically connects and gives you no choice in using it.  There is not uninstall in control panel and uninstalling  it from the Google play store made no difference.  Uninstalling the drivers disables it, but it constantly keeps popping up and telling me to install the drivers.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 27th, 2022 16:00

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

3 Posts

It doesn't work for me either. I don't think we're the problem. The app just isn't smart enough to detect my paired iphone. Maybe it's only for Android phones.

3 Posts

I completely agree. It's a horrible app!

3 Posts

My Dell laptop is brand new, so that's not the issue I'm having. It still doesn't work!

No Events found!