Highlighted
ditto007
1 Copper

Dell PC Tune-Up software

Jump to solution

Does anyone know about the Dell PC Tune-Up software?  I wanted a registry cleaner and Dell recommended this product.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zebra44
1 Copper

Re: Dell PC Tune-Up software

Jump to solution

Registry 'cleaners' can harm your system if not used properly. However, and in difference to the last post, I suggest you try CCleaner. It is a relatively mild and safe cleaner and works well with software. And, its free............

Now

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Why do you want a registry cleaner? Everyone, who really knows computers, that I have ever seen say that registry cleaners are a BAD idea. Unless there is a specific problem with the registry it is best to leave it alone. If there is a problem the so-called "cleaners" will most likely not help and most likely will make matters worse.

Do more homework before you do this! And make sure you have a current registry backup when things go south.

Jeff

XPS 8100 i7-860(8MB Cache, 2.8GHz), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333MHz, 750GB SATA 3.0GB/s 16MB Cache, nVidia GeForce GTS2401GB GDDR3, Dell ST2310 Full HD Widescreen Monitor, AverMedia G2 Combo hybrid TV Tuner, dual 16x DVD+/- RW dbl layer, Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD, Running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 

If your question is answered here on the forums; PLEASE post back! It may help another user.              

0 Kudos
Zebra44
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Registry 'cleaners' can harm your system if not used properly. However, and in difference to the last post, I suggest you try CCleaner. It is a relatively mild and safe cleaner and works well with software. And, its free............

Now