Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2012 13:00

Dell Stage Photos

I'm using windows 7 and after  a system restore (back dating to the last time the computer was okay) my photos, documents, and other folders are all empty even though I see them  when I go to "recent places".  When I click on each one, it says  folder empty.   However, when I went into Dell Stage, I saw all my photos that had been downloaded or saved to the pictures folder of windows 7.   I thought I could transfer them back to the pictures folder where I'm more comfortable having them, but none of them are right clickable and I can't manipulate them at all.  So why would all the photos still be in the Stage area but not in the pictures folder where they originated?  Is there a way to transfer back the photos?  Thank you.

May 23rd, 2012 16:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

First of all could you tell what happens when you click on start menu, do you see any program listed in the menu or it’s showing you blank start menu, Secondly as you mentioned the picture, documents and other folders are empty so could you tell were they empty before doing system restore,

If you were facing the same issue before doing system restore and the start menu is blank  , possibly there is a malicious software/virus on the computer which has hide all the files in the picture , documents and other folders , in that case you need to  run download.bleepingcomputer.com/.../unhide.exe (copy the URL and paste it in the address bar of the webpage and click on run once prompted) to get all files visible in the folders and then scan your computer to delete malicious software /virus .

Thanks,

Kunal

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

No Events found!