Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

September 30th, 2012 02:00

Dell Stage remove icon from Shortcut's Tile

Hello.

Can you tell me how to remove any shortcuts from Shortcut's section in Dell Stage?

Thank you!

3.1K Posts

September 30th, 2012 05:00

Hi Penyo,

For removing an icon from 'Shortcuts' section that shows under ‘Communication’, ‘Productivity’, ‘Security’, ‘Settings and Support’ etc, the actual program has to be uninstalled from the computer. For example: If you want to remove 'Dell Webcam' icon (refer image), then you will have to uninstall Dell Webcam central software from the computer.

If any shortcut icon was added by the user, it will show under ‘My Shortcuts’.
To remove the shortcut, delete the source of the shortcut. For example: If you have added 'Dell Support Center' icon (refer image) to 'Shortcut's' section that was on the desktop, then you will have to delete the icon from the desktop.

Please reply if you have any questions.

5 Posts

September 30th, 2012 07:00

Thanks for support!

But I think that isn't good to used... If I only want to remove a icon (without uninstall the program) - thats imposible...

Where I can find a info about futured version of Dell Stage?

Thank you!

3.1K Posts

September 30th, 2012 09:00

Hi Penyo,

Thank you for your quick response. For more information on Dell Stage, you can refer to the link http://www.dell.com/us/p/stage/pd
It is also recommended that you use ‘Dell Support Center’ to get updates for your computer. Using ‘Dell support Center’ will show updates specific to your system only.

1. Click ‘Start’
  2. Type ‘Dell Support Center’ in the Search for programs and files box (without the parenthesis)
  3. Click on ‘Dell Support Center’
  4. Click on settings

5. Click on 'Personalization'

6. Please read the terms and conditions. If you agree then check both the check boxes
  7. Click on ‘Get Drivers and Downloads’ on the top right hand side

8. This will take you directly to the support site showing specific drivers and updates required for your computer

If you are not able to see  ‘Dell Support Center’; then, you can download and install using the following steps:

• Click on the link http://dell.to/RS19Iy
  • Choose the country
  • Click on ‘Download Now’
  • Choose the location as desktop, save the file on the desktop
  • Right click and choose ‘Run as Administrator’, install the file
  • Restart the computer

Dell Support Center’s auto update has been pushed with a new interface. It is now called My Dell.

Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!