DELL-Larry R
4 Germanium

Re: Dell Support Center Error: Content not available

Have you already tried reinstalling the Dell Dock software?
0 Kudos
chiccorocks
1 Copper

Nope, I haven't tried that. Is there a newer version or an update? Should I uninstall and THEN reinstall?

I searched the Drivers and Downloads site and I found this link:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

Did I find the right page? Let me just confirm 1 thing, cos I don't want to give myself more things to worry about: when I got the system, it says only 'studio 15', but everytime I restart, I see 'studio 1535', so I searched under that in the Drivers and Downloads section...

Message Edited by chiccorocks on 10-27-2008 09:54 PM
0 Kudos
chiccorocks
1 Copper

Btw, I just thought I'd also mention that I did not re-install the Dell Support Center. That shouldn't be a problem, right?
0 Kudos
DELL-Larry R
4 Germanium

That does appear to be the correct install.  I don't think it will matter that you didn't reinstall Dell Support Center, although you might consider doing so.  I'm not sure if it will help or not.

As for uninstalling first, I would recommend it just be more likely to remove whatever isn't working correctly.

0 Kudos
chiccorocks
1 Copper

Smiley Sad I've uninstalled and reinstalled... I don't think it worked. I have seen the error message again, although on several occassions, it did not appear. I'll give it some time and report back if the error message still persists. Anyway, if I decide to uninstall it again and just keep it that way, can I delete the folder that was created (C:\Dell\Drivers) when I unzipped the installer that I downloaded?
0 Kudos
DELL-Larry R
4 Germanium

Yes
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mjrycus
1 Copper

Hi Larry; I'm running vista ultimate on an xps420 and I'm having the same problem when I click on my Support Center logo; i.e., Error; content for the page...  I've unistalled and reinstalled with McAfee off and run as administrator and still have the same problem. Help please!

0 Kudos
DELL-Larry R
4 Germanium

If you have already made sure you have .NET 2.0 installed, I'd recommend checkign the support website to make sure you hvae the latest update for the Dell Support Center software.

0 Kudos
mjrycus
1 Copper

Larry, I installed MS .NET framework 3.5 SP1, got the latest download from the dell XPS site (2.8....) and still the same problem. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
DELL-Larry R
4 Germanium

But do you have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed?  It is a separate install from the other versions (1.0, 1.1, 3.0, 3.5).

0 Kudos