Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

D

32 Posts

December 28th, 2015 10:00

Dell Update never connects

Hello,

Having Dell Update problem here with Windows 8.1, Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) laptop.  Have uninstalled/ reinstalled several versions of Dell Update from the Dell website, stopped/started Dell Update Service, went into firewall and created an exception to allow Dell Update through the firewall - nothing helps!   The Dell Update Tray icon just sits in the tray and shows "connecting..." constantly.  Every other program and app can connect to the internet.  Right click on the icon and "Enable Auto-check" is grayed out and has a check mark in it. Also, "Check for Updates" is grayed out.  Strangely, I have another identical laptop and Dell Update works perfectly on it!  

• 

16.7K Posts

January 4th, 2016 11:00

DE54,

Download and install Dell Support Assist from the link below.

Dell Support Assist

32 Posts

January 27th, 2016 15:00

Jesse L,

Sorry it took me so long to reply to your suggestion.  I already have Dell Support Assist installed on my computer.  Downloaded and installed with your link anyway.  Download stopped with " No Updates Available" message.  Still have same problem with Dell Update.  Any other ideas?

1 Message

February 20th, 2016 15:00

I've had this problem for at least a year.  Any ideas?

32 Posts

February 22nd, 2016 16:00

I fixed the problem, but you won't like my answer....   After I upgraded to Windows 10, Dell Update started working again.  Reinstalling Dell Support Assist per Dell above didn't help at all.  Good Luck!

No Events found!