Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2012 19:00

Dell Webcam Doesn't Work?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545, and i've had it for about 2 years now. For some reason, the integrated webcam doesn't work anymore! It just recently stopped working. Can anyone tell me how to fix it? Also, Dell Webcam Central didn't open whenever I clicked it, but that had been happening for a while. When I try to redownload it, it won't download. It says something like my system is too complex or, i don't know, something like that. PLEASE HELP?! :emotion-9:

July 12th, 2012 19:00

Hi Josbro53,

Welcome to the Dell Community,

Thank you for posting on Dell Community Forum, extremely to sorry to hear that the webcam on your dell computer is not working. We at Dell are here to serve you, please read and follow the below mentioned steps which will fix the webcam issue on your computer.

Below is the link for any webcam issues on any computer.

This driver is applicable for all the computers provided if the webcam is integrated one. This driver/software doesn’t apply for USB webcams or any External Webcams.

For XP/Vista/Win 7 Machines:

Installation Steps:

First Save the file on Desktop and then follow the below instructions:

1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_ R230103.exe.
  2. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
  3. Unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R230103. Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
  4. The Self-Extractor window appears.
  5. Click OK.
  6. After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
  7. Window is still open, close it.
  8. Click the Start button and then click Run.
  9. Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R230103 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
  10. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

Please reply to the post if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Aryan_V

Dell Social Media Responder

6 Posts

July 14th, 2012 00:00

This doesn't work! Done it over and over! en.community.dell.com/.../20142391.aspx

1 Message

May 10th, 2014 15:00

What about Windows 8?  The instructions I found for Windows 8 don't work.

No Events found!