Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2011 00:00

Dell datasafe factory recovery stuck at 1%

I have a Dell Studio XPS 8100.

I tried to reinstall Windows7 using Dell DataSafe Local Backup. I chose the factory recovery option and this is what it says.....

"Restore my computer

Please wait...

Note: You are not able to cancel this process so that the integrity of your system can be maintained. Please also do not turn off your machine during this process.

Formatting your partition....(Ticked)

Reinstall your original content....

Progress: 1% completed

I left my computer the whole night turned on. After about 7 hours it still says: 1% completed

Now I am afraid if I turn the computer off everything might turns worse.

How long does it take normaly? What happens if I turn it off?

3 Posts

January 28th, 2012 08:00

I am having the same problem with Datasafe.  My Inspirion 580 is stuck at 0% currently and has been there for more than 2 hours.  I was wondering myself what to do.  My HD could be bad, but it would have caught that in the formatting process.

1 Message

April 12th, 2012 15:00

Got the same problem. Did you ever get an answer?

1 Message

April 22nd, 2013 14:00

Hi

Did you ever solve this problem?

April 23rd, 2013 06:00

Hi bwhite22,

Dell Datasafe might not work if the recovery image or the partition is corrupt. Please share if you are facing any specific issues with the system. I will try to get them resolved without re-installing the OS as it leads to complete data loss.

You may run the hardware tests on the computer to check the hardware functionality by following the steps below :

• Power on the system.
  • Press F12 button on the Dell splash screen
  • Highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • Note down error messages if any

If the diagnostics pass, please share the system model in use along with the operating system.

Please reply with the findings. Will take it further from there.

1 Message

April 8th, 2014 14:00

I am having the same problem. I followed the Dell 99 second tutorial on reinstalling your OS and resetting to factory build. Now the process has been installed at 1% for four hours. Can anyone help?

December 8th, 2014 20:00

I am having the same problem.   I have been having problems and restored my computer a month ago.   I had the same issue but I just kept restarting the computer and eventually it restored.   Now I'm trying again.   I've tried six or seven times now and I can't get restore to go beyond 1%.  Any help would be appreciated.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 9th, 2014 05:00

Model of Dell, version of Windows?

Dell DataSafe is obsolete and likely your recovery partition is corrupt. You are best to follow my A Clean Install of Windows guides:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/

No Events found!