Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2011 00:00

FAST ACCESS FAILED UPDATE

I have a Dell XPS15 (L50X) that came preinstalled with the fast access facial recognition system. I have the automatically update fast access turned on. Since the arrival of my computer I've had 1 or 2 updates, but the latest update always fails, resulting in the removal of the software itself. Therefore I have to reinstall the software from the cd.

During this upgrade process it flashes the following message two times:  the upgradation process will require a reboot. Do you wish to continue?

to which I reply yes. Then the installation continues. says removing old files and backups and then in the middle a message comes that says that the  program  does have permissions to access the folder C:\program files(X86)/Sensible vision. log in as administrator.

I am logged in as the administrator and  there is no other account. I've tried this many times. Please suggest something

Thanks.

211 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 08:00

Note to anyone else experiencing this issue. Please contact Sensible Vision directly. We were able to help Viper install the update copy. Viper, of course please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks. 

16 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 09:00

yeah sure, contact them directly.

They got a really fast response and tech support.

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 14:00

I have an XPS15 as well and had the same problem with the update.....The update failed and it uninstalled the software. I loaded the drivers and utilities disk that came with my the laptop but the software is not on there. Does anyone know where I can go to re-install the software?

Thanks!

211 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 14:00

Write to us (Sensible Vision) directly using emails from our website. I can help that way.

2 Posts

July 20th, 2011 12:00

I have the same problem. Please, send us some light!

16 Posts

July 21st, 2011 02:00

hey pedrodlm contact  DellSupport@sensiblevision.com

No Events found!