svrep
2 Iron

Re: Facial Recognition Software (FastAccess) Wouldn't work!! Nobody in tech Support could help either !!

Good news - I received word today that domain support will be added in a future upgrade (through the standard online upgrade function). I don't have the specific timing on it yet, but hopefully it will be relatively soon.

0 Kudos
rgermain
1 Copper

Re: Facial Recognition Software (FastAccess) Wouldn't work!! Nobody in tech Support could help either !!

So, is there any update on the upgrade that you mentioned for the Fast Access to work on a domain?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
svrep
2 Iron

Nothing specific. It's still coming and may happen before the end of the year, but that's not guaranteed.

0 Kudos
slair
1 Nickel

Has an update been provided yet that allows for domain use?  I had uninstalled the software when i was having troubles using it on my domain joined computer.  Now the software won't even install since my computer is domain joined.  Since the software isn't installed, i can't perform the check for update function.

Thanks

Sean

0 Kudos
svrep
2 Iron

Has an update been provided yet that allows for domain use?  I had uninstalled the software when i was having troubles using it on my domain joined computer.  Now the software won't even install since my computer is domain joined.  Since the software isn't installed, i can't perform the check for update function.

Thanks

Sean

The domain update has not yet been released. I have no update on timing at this point.

0 Kudos
svrep
2 Iron

Good news! I have just heard news that an update should be released this coming Monday that will include domain support. It might take a bit longer to reach all individual machines, but it would now seem to be on it's way.

If your machine is currently joined to a domain, I would recommend unjoining it temporarily, installing whatever version of FastAccess you currently have, performing the update, and then rejoining the domain.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JonMartin
1 Nickel

Is there a release of AlienSence as well?  Or can FastAccess be used to update AlienSence?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
svrep
2 Iron

Although FastAccess and AlienSense are made by the same company, they are separate products. The FastAccess update can NOT be used to update AlienSense. There is currently no update to AlienSense that I am aware of.

0 Kudos
svrep
2 Iron

Update on your AlienSense question. After checking with my contacts I've learned that because AlienSense is bundled with the AlienWare Command Center, that it's the Command Center version that's the critical information. Apparently any CC version higher than 2.5 will include the version of AlienSense that has domain support. If your platform has or will have access to a new enough Command Center then you should receive that feature.

0 Kudos
jinacastro
1 Copper

I bought Dell SX2210 21.5 Inch Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Webcam and cannot install the face recognition software. Same case as you. I was on the phone for hours to know that they cannot fix it and to call best buy where I bought the ASUS  desktop.

error code=-3

Can anybody help me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos