Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2009 07:00

Facial Recognition Software (FastAccess) Wouldn't work!! Nobody in tech Support could help either !!

Hello,

I've just received my new XPS 630 with my new Monitor SX2210 with webcam and Mic Built-in.

I am using the Dell CD that came with the monitor to install the Webcam Drivers and the Facial recognition software. I did install the webcam software with no problem. However everytime I start installing the Facial recognition Software it stops installing then I get error code= -3 (which is as per the manual "Ensure that the monitor USB cable is plugged into your computer and that the Dell Monitor Webcam has been installed in the Windows Vista operating system. "

I changed the USB port, I reinstalled the webcam drivers but nothing !! I called yesterday Tech Support, I spent 2 hours, talked to 4 different reps, but no one could sort it out!

I am just wondering if anybody here had or have the same problems! and any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

5 Posts

May 4th, 2010 15:00

Is there a release of AlienSence as well?  Or can FastAccess be used to update AlienSence?

211 Posts

May 5th, 2010 08:00

Although FastAccess and AlienSense are made by the same company, they are separate products. The FastAccess update can NOT be used to update AlienSense. There is currently no update to AlienSense that I am aware of.

211 Posts

May 6th, 2010 10:00

Update on your AlienSense question. After checking with my contacts I've learned that because AlienSense is bundled with the AlienWare Command Center, that it's the Command Center version that's the critical information. Apparently any CC version higher than 2.5 will include the version of AlienSense that has domain support. If your platform has or will have access to a new enough Command Center then you should receive that feature.

211 Posts

December 30th, 2010 12:00

The version of FastAccess that comes with the SX2210 requires that the monitor itself be plugged into the machine that you're installing on and that the integrated camera be both installed and functional. If both of those are not true, the result is error code -3. 

Here's the online FAQ on the topic:

Error code -3

3 Posts

I bought Dell SX2210 21.5 Inch Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Webcam and cannot install the face recognition software. Same case as you. I was on the phone for hours to know that they cannot fix it and to call best buy where I bought the ASUS  desktop.

error code=-3

Can anybody help me?

5 Posts

Hi,

In my case, the issue was that the version of the software that Dell provided with the monitor wasn't working!! after several emails with  somebody from Sensible Vision (the company that sells the software) we fixed the issue after he emailed me a different version of the application. I thought it was weird that Dell would provide a version that doesn't even work!! obviously it wasn't even tested!

I recommend you contact sensiblevision.com, they should be able to help you out.

Sam

211 Posts

December 30th, 2010 13:00

Thank you for your email. I'm confident that we can get it working for you quite quickly. Your monitor is definitely "compatible" with an Asus computer. 

3 Posts

December 30th, 2010 13:00

Thanks Sam and SVREP. It is very frustrating , even geek squad cannot help me. he said the monitor is not compatible with my computer since I am using ASUS and Dell monitor.

I emailed sensible solution and we'll see if they can help me.

211 Posts

December 30th, 2010 14:00

You're very welcome. I'm glad that we could help.

As additional background for everyone else, it seems that Jina received a CD with her SX2210 monitor that had a version of FastAccess that was likely well tested and current at the time the monitor was packed up. Unfortunately it seems to have been packaged before Win7 was in common use and as such the version of FastAccess that's on the CD is not Win7 compatible. Version 2.4.7 or higher is required for Win7 compatibility. 

3 Posts

December 30th, 2010 14:00

Thanks for sensible solution for helping me. With a simple software update , I was able to install it.

Wasted time on Dell support and Geek squad and only sensible solution can solve the problem.

It is working well now and I'm so happy about it.  Happy New Year to all!!

Jina

10 Posts

July 17th, 2011 07:00

well i have a similar problem

after reinstalling my 32-bit windows 7 professional i didn't got fast access facial recognition back

i searched for its installation files and then tried to install it through the cd but it wont

the error message  told me that "this file is not made for the processor type used by you

can anyone help me

35 Posts

November 17th, 2011 10:00

The best way to obtain a replacement copy of FastAccess is either to call Dell and request a replacement installation CD (I don't know what installer file you found, but I do know that Dell does not include the FastAccess installer on their backup media) or to go to the My Dell Downloads site (Google "Dell Smartsource" for the address). You register your computer on that site which should then let you download copies of all the software that came on your computer originally - including FastAccess.

Additional details are available on the Sensible Vision online knowledgebase.

No Events found!