Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2009 07:00

Facial Recognition Software (FastAccess) Wouldn't work!! Nobody in tech Support could help either !!

Hello,

I've just received my new XPS 630 with my new Monitor SX2210 with webcam and Mic Built-in.

I am using the Dell CD that came with the monitor to install the Webcam Drivers and the Facial recognition software. I did install the webcam software with no problem. However everytime I start installing the Facial recognition Software it stops installing then I get error code= -3 (which is as per the manual "Ensure that the monitor USB cable is plugged into your computer and that the Dell Monitor Webcam has been installed in the Windows Vista operating system. "

I changed the USB port, I reinstalled the webcam drivers but nothing !! I called yesterday Tech Support, I spent 2 hours, talked to 4 different reps, but no one could sort it out!

I am just wondering if anybody here had or have the same problems! and any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

2 Posts

April 27th, 2009 07:00

M

211 Posts

April 27th, 2009 11:00

Afternoon Oube00,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties! The one small suggest that I have is to make sure that you've rebooted with the monitor plugged in and the webcam drivers already loaded. The camera (which is what the FastAccess facial recognition installer is checking for in order to allow installation) is read in in such a way during boot-up that it's possible to fail to read the camera if it's loaded or plugged in after the machine has already booted.

Since I'm guessing that you've already done this, shoot me an email   and I'll see what else we can work out together. Once we've solved it, we'll post our results here for the benefit of others.

Darin

Sensible Vision

5 Posts

April 27th, 2009 15:00

Hello Darin,

Thank you for you reply!

It looks like Admin deleted your email address !!!

Anyway, as you suggested, I did reboot my computer "with the monitor plugged in and the webcam drivers already loaded" it didn't help!

I've been trying to find information in other websites, forums.. but honestly I couldn't find anything that helped me figure it out!

I am running out of ideas and if you could help, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Sam

2 Posts

June 21st, 2009 08:00

35 Posts

June 21st, 2009 16:00

Ditto to you Sam.  I have not found a solution via any research on the internet that I have done.  It frustrates me to see this happen with new purchases way beyond cheap.  My assumption now is to just give up for now; because, from what I have read, it does not work for those who do have it installed.  So perhaps, the glitch is extended between Dell's software and microsoft's windows; the two are disagreeing.

Linda

PS  Maybe if you type out the emai ( name at name dot com) it will be accepted; any other way, spam bots will pick it up.

Hi Linda, sorry to hear of your difficulties. I'd like to help. Go to SensibleVision dot com (name not spelled out so it stays in the posting) and use the contact information there to send me an email. Of course Dell themselves typically handle tech support, but it sounds like the both of you have had difficulties that they have not been able to resolve. I have a some ideas that may help.

Of course I'm biased, but I believe that FastAccess is well worth running. I use it personally on a day to day basis and find it to be a very useful, well functioning software package. If you've heard of or experience specific issues, I can very likely help you to address them.

<ADMIN NOTE: Email removed per privacy policy> - Please note that the support email address that I had in here originally is readily available on Sensible Vision's website (we are the manufacturer's of FastAccesss and a Dell vendor. The address to our website is actually included directly in FastAccess per Dell's request). Please feel free to go to our site to get the address and to write to me with any questions or concerns until I am able to address this with the forum administrator.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2009 20:00

Sorry for violating TOS, whatever it was I did.  I thought I was helping.

35 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 11:00

svTechs - Thank you for your reply.  I have solved my problem as you can see.  :)

Well done! Thanks as well for the details of your procedure. If we discover any more details about the issue internally, I'll be sure to post them here. As you're using the software, please let me know if you have questions. I have an excellent FAQ (which is also available on SensibleVision dot com) that I can provide that is quite thorough.

Thanks again.

1 Message

July 20th, 2009 23:00

I am incredibly disappointed that the facial recognition software will not load or function on a Domain joined laptop. I REALLY think Dell should disclose this as most high end laptops are joined to a domain at one time or another. I believe that Dell should also include a fingerprint device since this DOES function in a domain environment. I am hoping for some type of resolution from DELL soon, it will affect my next purchase!

1 Message

August 4th, 2009 19:00

I love the facial recognition feature but its a pity i cannot use this since i have to join the domain. I am really looking forward to this issue be resolved

211 Posts

August 6th, 2009 10:00

Good news - I received word today that domain support will be added in a future upgrade (through the standard online upgrade function). I don't have the specific timing on it yet, but hopefully it will be relatively soon.

2 Posts

August 31st, 2009 22:00

So, is there any update on the upgrade that you mentioned for the Fast Access to work on a domain?

Thanks!

211 Posts

September 1st, 2009 06:00

Nothing specific. It's still coming and may happen before the end of the year, but that's not guaranteed.

6 Posts

December 19th, 2009 09:00

Has an update been provided yet that allows for domain use?  I had uninstalled the software when i was having troubles using it on my domain joined computer.  Now the software won't even install since my computer is domain joined.  Since the software isn't installed, i can't perform the check for update function.

Thanks

Sean

211 Posts

December 19th, 2009 10:00

Has an update been provided yet that allows for domain use?  I had uninstalled the software when i was having troubles using it on my domain joined computer.  Now the software won't even install since my computer is domain joined.  Since the software isn't installed, i can't perform the check for update function.

Thanks

Sean

The domain update has not yet been released. I have no update on timing at this point.

211 Posts

April 23rd, 2010 07:00

Good news! I have just heard news that an update should be released this coming Monday that will include domain support. It might take a bit longer to reach all individual machines, but it would now seem to be on it's way.

If your machine is currently joined to a domain, I would recommend unjoining it temporarily, installing whatever version of FastAccess you currently have, performing the update, and then rejoining the domain.

No Events found!