Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2010 11:00

FastAccess Facial Recognition doesn't work with Firefox

Hello everyone, I have installed the FastAccess facial recognition software and got it working alright in Windows 7 64-bit. The web access function works perfectly with Internet Explorer 8 but personally I avoid IE like the plague. However I got dissapointed when I realized it won't integrate with Mozilla Firefox. Does anyone know any tweak, addon, plugin or whatever workaround to get FastAccess working with Firefox? BTW I'm on Firefox 3.5.7 and have FastAccess 2.4.7 (which is really 2.004.007). That's the latest version my updater finds, but on the Sensible Vision's website there's mention of  version 2.4.43 (which is really 2.004.043, newer than mine) (http://www.sensiblevision.com/v/dell/win7.htm). I wonder if that one is any different in regards to this issue. Any help/comments will be appreciated.

1 Message

January 7th, 2011 13:00

DELL, please do whatever is needed to provide us with FastAcces 3.0. I really need it to work with FireFox.

3 Posts

February 18th, 2011 04:00

Any updates on this topic?

211 Posts

February 18th, 2011 06:00

Actually, yes. Dell is still working on the approval process for version 3, but I'm pleased to announce a few new enhancements that will be available when they're done with that process. In addition to Firefox support, version 3 will also include Chrome browser support, an enhanced recognition algorithm that will provide more recognitions under more varied lighting conditions, and an enhanced photo rejection routine that will even reject most photos taken through the webcam. It will also have a re-designed interface and numerous other smaller changes.

7 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 07:00

Awesome!

Do notify us in this thread when the update does roll out, i'm sure quite a few people are following this thread.

211 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 08:00

Indeed, I really like the new version a lot (privilege of working for the company - I get to use new versions right away!). I will try to notify people here, but all 2.X users should also be notified automatically through the software itself.

6 Posts

February 25th, 2011 17:00

Let me say we appreciate your efforts svrep.  Our frustration however is warranted.  Dell does not seem to be interested at all in supporting this product.  It's kind of like "what have you done for me lately?".  Oh we'll get v3 if we buy new laptops but since we aren't we get pushed to the back of the bus.  I have always defended Dell but I am ashamed by their behavior.  If I ran my company like this I would be out of business.  I think your product is not only excellent, but reasonably priced.  I purchased it directly from your company instead of waiting for Dell to get their act together.

4 Posts

February 26th, 2011 11:00

Dell, where are you with an update to v3 for current customers? By not releasing the upgrade to current v2 customers, you are continuing to show poor customer service on your company's part. We know the update exists, please just release it already, this is becoming a joke.

92 Posts

April 7th, 2011 22:00

The Internet Explorer/Firefox dialog issues are still present in 3.x (I have an L502x). That is to say, in secondary dialogs opened by the browser (for example error messages triggered by javascript; Save dialog box for example doesn't seem to be affected), Aero glass borders are gone and the old, ugly Windows Classic borders are there.

211 Posts

April 8th, 2011 06:00

Would you mind contacting us directly about this issue? Although I'm glad that it's not a functional issue, we would value your help in reproducing it in our lab. Typically when an issue can be reproduced it can be addressed quite quickly. 

77 Posts

May 31st, 2011 08:00

I have been communicating with a SV Techy for a few months now, trying to make FA stop crashing my system, in the end it was v .95 and bad hardware combined until i found v2.4.96 and all the problems went away.. but there is an update to v2.4.97 and i was told that is the last update we 2.xx users will get.. to get v3 we have to pay 14$ for it...

211 Posts

May 31st, 2011 11:00

Hi everyone. Elvis is correct - the 3.X update has been released. To address the long standing desire for Firefox functionality, we released an interim version - 2.4.97 - that includes Firefox and IE9 functionality at no charge. 2.4.97 also includes details about the upgrade process to version 3. Version 3 also includes Chrome functionality, an improved recognition algorithm, improved photo/video rejection, FaceBright (turns the screen into a video light for better low light performance), and EcoAware - power savings and battery life extension through face tracking. All new features moving forward will only be added to version 3. 

Existing 3.X users already have many of these features and will be notified about an update automatically (expect notification over time - we limit the updates on a given day to protect our servers and the update experience). 2.X users get special upgrade pricing of $14.99 as Elvis mentioned. Normally a full license of version 3 is $34.99. 

3 Posts

May 31st, 2011 16:00

I have version 2.4.95 installed and since last week I get the update notification. The problem is that everytime I try to download the update it issues the message: "Unable to perform update check. Please check your Internet connection and try again later. Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.". Has anyone experienced this?

77 Posts

May 31st, 2011 17:00

Ya i had an error as well not the same one but couldnt updated. The techy created a temporary link to download the dell v 2.4.97.. You csn request it as well.

211 Posts

Write to us directly and I'd be happy to help. Addresses are on our website (I can't include them directly on this forum).

3 Posts

How do I request that temp link?

No Events found!