Sorry but no really new news yet. We're still working with Dell to determine the upgrade path for 2.X users. I doubt that anything can happen in this calendar year but I'm hopeful that we'll know more in the new year.
DELL, please do whatever is needed to provide us with FastAcces 3.0. I really need it to work with FireFox.
Dell XPS 8100 | Intel i7-870 2,93 ghz (8mb cache) | 8gb DDR-3 @ 1333MHz | ATI 5450 DDR3 1 gb | 1Tb HDD @ 7200 rpm | 21.5" SX2210 monitor
Actually, yes. Dell is still working on the approval process for version 3, but I'm pleased to announce a few new enhancements that will be available when they're done with that process. In addition to Firefox support, version 3 will also include Chrome browser support, an enhanced recognition algorithm that will provide more recognitions under more varied lighting conditions, and an enhanced photo rejection routine that will even reject most photos taken through the webcam. It will also have a re-designed interface and numerous other smaller changes.
Do notify us in this thread when the update does roll out, i'm sure quite a few people are following this thread.
Indeed, I really like the new version a lot (privilege of working for the company - I get to use new versions right away!). I will try to notify people here, but all 2.X users should also be notified automatically through the software itself.
Let me say we appreciate your efforts svrep. Our frustration however is warranted. Dell does not seem to be interested at all in supporting this product. It's kind of like "what have you done for me lately?". Oh we'll get v3 if we buy new laptops but since we aren't we get pushed to the back of the bus. I have always defended Dell but I am ashamed by their behavior. If I ran my company like this I would be out of business. I think your product is not only excellent, but reasonably priced. I purchased it directly from your company instead of waiting for Dell to get their act together.
Dell, where are you with an update to v3 for current customers? By not releasing the upgrade to current v2 customers, you are continuing to show poor customer service on your company's part. We know the update exists, please just release it already, this is becoming a joke.
Would you mind contacting us directly about this issue? Although I'm glad that it's not a functional issue, we would value your help in reproducing it in our lab. Typically when an issue can be reproduced it can be addressed quite quickly.