i can't uninstall Dell Dock without it giving me an empty error box, and i can't repair it without the delldock64.msi file. it never has worked in the first place. also i can't install a newer version to get rid of it.
the dell dock won't work because i don't have .Net Framework 2.0 or it can't load the files or assembly of 'Accessiblity and 'System.Web.Services
Dell Inspiron 1764
windows 7 64 bit home premium
Solved! Go to Solution.
It is unfortunate that you’re facing issue with uninstallation of Dell Dock software, Please follow the below mentioned steps to uninstall the Dell Dock software completely.
1. Right-click in an empty space on the dock, then click Advanced Settings
2. Click the Turn off dock and switch back to desktop icons option.
3. Click the Yes option to disable the dock
4. Click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your computer screen, then click the Control Panel option in the column at the right side of the menu
5. Click the blue Uninstall a program link under the green Programs link at the center of the window. This opens a window that lists all of the programs installed on your computer
6. Scroll through the list of installed programs until you locate the Dell Dock option
7. Click the Dell Dock option once, then click the Uninstall button in the horizontal blue bar above the list of programs
8. Confirm that you want to uninstall the Dell Dock, then wait until the uninstall process has finished.
Please follow these steps and restart the computer after the uninstallation is done and in order to Install the latest version of Dell Dock please click on the link below with which you can download the latest version.
Let us know if this helps.
Thank you for your response,
We appreciate your concern and since uninstallation from Control panel did not help we can try installing a software “Revo Uninstaller”
Please click on the below link to Install the Revo Uninstaller software, which will remove the programs from the computer
Click on the Free trail Download option and install the software and after the restarting your computer, Open Revo Uninstaller select “Dell Dock” software
and uninstall them completely and remove all the files associated with it and once the uninstallation completes, please restart the computer again.
If the uninstallation happens successfully, Click on the below link to Install the latest version of Dell Dock.
Let us know if this helps.
I believe the issue has been resolved for the Dell Dock Application, with the previous step in removal and re-installation of software the issue has been taken care and if in case any other concerns with your computer please reply us back and we’ll be glad to assist you further.
Hi Ivan Koppel,
Thank you for your response on this post and I request you to try removing the Dell Dock application by getting in Safe mode using the Control Panel or the Revo uninstaller. Restart the computer once removal is done and install the Dell dock normally, please follow the same steps and the links to download mentioned on the above post.
To download Revo uninstaller
To download Dell Dock application
Reply us if any issues.