Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2016 23:00

How do I download the software package that was installed on my XPS 8900?

Due to a totally preventable user error, I ended up wiping the 1tb drive that came with my XPS 8900 I received a couple of weeks ago. I would like to get all the auxiliary software like the DVD and other stuff. I found the iso to restore my OS, and all the drivers, but I do not see all the other applications that were on the hd. Some of which I don't need, but some is pretty useful. Is there another HD iso for the apps?

I was able to get my SSD to work, finally, but that was teh proximate cause of wiping the hd .

Thanks for the help...

• 

16.7K Posts

August 1st, 2016 07:00

Blukens,

You can click the link below to download the software that came installed on your computer. Follow the information on the site to login.

My Dell Downloads

14 Posts

August 1st, 2016 23:00

Actually, I have attempted several times to access the site, and I have not been able to get it to load.

I am using my Dell computer with Windows 10. I login with my account and it does not connect to the download site after clicking on the "register Your Computer" icon.

Thanks for the help,  very useful.

14 Posts

September 14th, 2016 15:00

I cannot get the website to load. I have an account, and I am using Windows 10 on my Dell computer. Why will it not load the site?

2 Posts

September 15th, 2016 12:00

Much of that site only works in Internet Explorer (not Microsoft Edge, which is the default browser in W10).  Copy the URL, run iexplore, paste the URL, and try that.

14 Posts

February 10th, 2017 12:00

I have ended up using my laptop since September since I cannot download the software. I tried using IE as the other writer suggested. But that just has the spinner spinning and no progress.

Could the new configuration baffle the Svc Tag reading software?

14 Posts

February 10th, 2017 13:00

Still unable to get into a download que. Can anyone send me a link to the file?

14 Posts

February 10th, 2017 13:00

Tried it, the spinner just spins.

Thanks anyway, it did get a bit further down the path.

No Events found!