DavePlivelich
1 Copper

Re: How to remove Flexnet Connect Software Manager

There are a lot of red flags about that company. They are definitely doing shady things. There is a link to their uninstall kb.flexerasoftware.com/.../viewContent.do here.

I noticed several things: The app is hidden from removing. The icon shortcut disappears from your programs list. All the app ever did was receive notifications that were clearly spamming.

0 Kudos
vickers.mark
1 Copper

I was able to delete the entire FlexNet directory, after killing the two processes.

Mark

0 Kudos
bhaughee57
1 Copper

RE: How to remove Flexnet Connect Software Manager

I came here after observing a high amount of traffic (both ways) to this piece of software.  Must have been installed along with some other software (non-Dell) PaperPort? to allow for updates but was appearing way too active for my liking. 

Just ran the uninstaller and will let you know how that turns out.

0 Kudos

after a clean reboot I followed this link and it worked for me. took about two seconds..

0 Kudos
jd1029
1 Copper

I used these solutions and worked for me. Acresso software manager solutions they given complete explanation.

0 Kudos
Infti
1 Copper

@hyvokar wrote:

Hi and thanks for your reply!

But as I stated (a bit unclearly) in my opening post, I've already tried what you suggested and it didnt help. For some reason the uninstaller wont uninstall the program, even if it says everything went ok.

For a temporary solution I have renamed the flexnet software folder to prevent it to run in system startup. It seems to work and gives me no error messages.

" I've already tried what you suggested and it didnt help. For some reason the uninstaller wont uninstall the program, even if it says everything went ok."

Exactly my experience.

Two questions:

1. Why is this PROGRAM in the ProgramData folder of all places?

(I believe it's because they don't want you to be able to find it. This is a hidden folder and the program does not show up in Revo Uninstaller. It is also not caught by Avast or Malwarebytes.)

2. Why would a company that puts malware on your system provide a means of removing it? (Highly implausible)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PrebegV
1 Copper

That doesn't remove the program.  That just disables it from starting.  That's not what we want.  We want the program GONE.  

0 Kudos