HappyDog_007
1 Copper

I did not uninstall preloaded trial Office 2010 when I loaded student office Professional Plus 2010

Hi

I am worried that leaving both software versions on the machine might cause a conflict.

IS there any danger of this happening?

Thanks

Colin

Dell XPS i5 laptop. Bought Sept 2011

One23 i5 2010.  XPS i5 2011.  And an old Carrera PC

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Re: I did not uninstall preloaded trial Office 2010 when I loaded student office Professional Plus 2010

Shouldn't do but it is easy enough to uninstall both and reinstall your student version.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: I did not uninstall preloaded trial Office 2010 when I loaded student office Professional Plus 2010

Most recent computers were sent with Office 2010 Starter, a limited version of Word and Excel that doesn't expire, not a trial version. It is a separate program not connected to the real Office 2010. It should not cause problems. It can be uninstalled in Add-remove programs. Just make sure it says Starter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
raygwinnjr
1 Copper

I had trouble the Office products defaulted to the Starter so I uninstalled it.  Now they won't default anywhere.  And I can't direct them to the correct copy of Office because I can't find the executable.

I can open Office files if I open the Office program first then open the file from within the program.  Yuuuuccccckkkkk!

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
6 Indium

Uninstall all versions of Office. Then reboot. Then install the full version of Office.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos