Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2012 22:00

I need my software and bloatware back :(.

I installed windows 7 ultimate over my factory installed windows 7 home premium, and have lost my drivers, software, and programs; I'd like to get them back and have tried my drivers and utilities disc already, the dell site, and dell back up (which I didn't make a back up), and device manager, nothing is working and I know I don't have the right drivers for my computer (which is a Dell Inspiron i17r N7110) service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy >.

I need help, I just want all my factory dell software back that came with the computer and am ask for a recovery disc or some free assistance. I also would like the dell (recommended) power plan back that use to be on my computer, because it no longer exists. And I believe I may be missing some c++ visuals because on certain sites I get #2116 playback errors.

I do have the Windows.old folder (which is 50.7GB), and have tried command prompt, taking ownership, and everything else, it isn't working, isn't letting me take ownership and I don't know what else to do so please help someone, if you can; it would be much appreciated. thanks :)

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 31st, 2012 06:00

Hi LillerBoy,

Welcome to the Community.

I understand your concern and I see that you want the Factory installation state for your computer.

As I see that you upgraded your Operating system from Windows 7 home premium to windows 7 ultimate in the process the Factory Installation partition would have got formatted and you have no way to get it back on your computer.

Now I see that Windows 7 ultimate is installed and you can find your Old files in the Windows.old folder but you will not able to find the applications and software’s as you have upgraded your Operating system.

The drivers for your Dell computer can be installed from the Resource CD/DVD or from the Dell Drivers and Downloads page.

Please follow the steps below accordingly so that you will be able to install the all the drivers for your system.

1. Notebook System Software (NSS) - A vital utility that provides critical updates and patches for the operating system. If you are reinstalling the operating system or updating all the computer’s drivers, it is imperative that this software be installed first.This is located under the System and Configuration Utilities Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

2. Chipset - Helps Windows control system board components and controllers. This is located under the Chipset Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

3. Video Adapter - Enhances video performance. This is located under the Video Adapter Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

4. Network Interface Card (NIC) - Enhances the network controller for Internet or network access. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

5. Audio Adapter - Enables and enhances the audio controller. This is located under the Audio Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

6. Modem - Allows dialup capability. This is located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

7. Wireless Network Card - Enables and enhances the wireless network controller. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

8. Touchpad, Pointer, Trackstick, Mice, and Keyboards - Enhances the pointing device features. This is located under the Mouse & Keyboards Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

9. Other Devices  

• Bluetooth® Module-This is located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

• Dell Wireless Mobile Broadband Cards-This is located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

• PCMCIA/Smartcard controller-This is located under the Security Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Ravi_Chandra

Dell Social Media Responder

https://twitter.com/DellCares

http://www.facebook.com/Dell

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 2nd, 2012 05:00

You can get some pre-installed software through My Dell Downloads:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 3rd, 2012 13:00

See my wiki A Clean Install of Windows 7 for some more detailed instructions. As you have a Windows.old folder, likely you have a "Dell" folder or a "Drivers" folder which will contain the original drivers. You can reinstall these by running the setup.exe in each folder.

But I would instead recommend getting from the Dell website as DELL-Ravi Ch recommended.

No Events found!