Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2013 17:00

Ilio

I just want to be sure - the email to me from Dell@dellhome.usa.dell.com - is this a legitimate Dell supported service? I need to be sure. I received an email from them today from this addy. These "slightly off" email addresses are a great way to infect systems. Can I get a verification from Dell on this that it is OK to run this?

Thanks,

DrRitch

803 Posts

June 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi DrRitch,

Thanks for posting your query. I'm glad that you brought this to our notice. I checked with my colleagues and they confirmed this is NOT a valid Dell email address. Please do not reply or open any of the links that have been sent. We appreciate you taking time to write about this. As of now we are not sure who sent this but we'll try to figure it out. Should you have any further questions, you can reach out to us anytime.

24 Posts

June 6th, 2013 11:00

Wow - thanks! I did install it and ran a check, then instead of "fixing" anything, I uninstalled all of it and wrote you because something didn't smell right. It's a very convincing email, and if you want me to forward it to you in order to get more info, just let me know.

803 Posts

June 7th, 2013 03:00

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I will need the email right now but I will certainly ask for it, if need be. We did note the email address to check who is behind it.

No Events found!