Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

October 26th, 2021 05:00

My Vostro 3500 has 2 audio drivers and realtek with maxxaudio pro don't work

I have Dell Vostro 15 3500. I've downloaded all drivers from 

My headphones are working correctly but when I plug a headset (with a microphone) then sound is output only from laptop speakers.

I've read many articles here in community and tried to uninstall Cirrus Logic Superior drivers without success. Everytime I restart my laptop, Cirrus is being reinstalled.

Even if I install Realtek Drivers and download MaxxAudioPro, I get an error to the latter "The Waves audio driver is not supported by your current audio codec."

I cannot figure it out. Please help me.

Realtek Driver: 6.0.9202.1, A04

Cirrus Driver: 6.6001.4.7, A01

Here is my sound card. On headphones it says "Unplugged" where I have them plugged in Same with HDMI. My Dell screen speakers are not working.

athptd_0-1635250424653.png

Device manager:

athptd_1-1635250451098.png

Please Help! 

Thanks

March 19th, 2023 09:00

I have that same problem.

346 Posts

March 30th, 2023 01:00

The MaxxAudio control panel that's installed after you update the driver is the one I've always seen - with MaxxBass and Details knobs on the left, and a Width knob and Midnight button if you're on Internal speakers.

But there's an installer for a different version on the drive at

C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\Waves\Maxx Audio Installer (x64).msi

and the folder was created around the same time the driver was installed, so I assume it's part of the installation. If I run that, there's a Repair option (which has no effect I can see) and a Remove one, which uninstalls MaxxAudio. If I do that and run the installer again, I get an Install option for "MaxxAudio for Ultrabook" - this claims to fail with "Icorrect permissions, aborting installation" (with the typo) but it does install v1.0.107.0 of MaxxAudio (which is the same version number as the one the driver installs automatically).

No Events found!