Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2007 18:00

Need Help with MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD 2003

I have been trying to open my MS Office, but each time I put in the PRODUCT KEY # and letters, I get the message that the Certificate of Authenticity is incorrect. These are both letters and numbers, and the letters are all in caps,which is what I use...what can be done when MS says you have entered the wrong Product Key #'s? Please help!!!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 3rd, 2007 19:00

First, make sure you are using the MS  Office Product Key, not the Windows product key that is on a label attached to the PC.  The Office Product Key is usually on the package or CD sleeve that the Office CD(s) came in.

Second, make sure you are entering the key correctly.  e.g. make sure if it's a number zero you are entering number zero instead of the letter "O" or vice versa.  Same way with other characters. 

If this was pre-loaded by Dell and you didn't get the Office CD's and/or the product Key, you will have to call Dell. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 4th, 2007 11:00

If it expired then you only had a Trial version of the program.  The regular Office programs do not expire.   You will have to purchase a Retail version.  The current version is Office 2007 and the Home and Student version is about the least expensive and will get you MS Word. 

May 4th, 2007 11:00

:womanwink: Thank-You so much for your information, and you were right! I dug out my CD's that were shipped with my computer, and found the MS Office 2003...put those 25 nos. and letters in, and WHOO-LA!! It came on, BUT!!! the darn thing had expired on March 31st of this year! Now what do I do? Buy the programming online? If so, is that expensive! I have had problems with a toolbar EULA popping up as soon as I turn my computer on, even before I get online!! And I thought for a moment, the MS Office was the problem, and that dreadful toolbar would leave, because there was a EULA on the MS Office that I had finally gained access to...
I was wrong though, as I still have it !!! :smileymad: But you did help me alot, and at least I know what has to be done next. Thanks so much!!  - Judy!

May 4th, 2007 12:00

You are just chock full of info.... and I'm glad to have met you!
Thanks So Much ~

May 6th, 2007 21:00

If you have some programs in Office that you bought, you will need to remove the trial versions from your machine before you can enter the valid numbers.  If you don't need the full version of Office, buy the Student/teacher version, it goes for $150 or less.

May 7th, 2007 00:00

Thanks Lawrence, that's exactly what I needed to know! - Judy!
No Events found!