Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2009 02:00

Need pre-installed s/w again.. Smartsource not working...

Hi,

I need the softwares which came pre-installed like face recognition s/w, dell web cam, etc

I installed win 7 using custom - clean install option (I used the win 7 dvd from my friend, this isnt the one which I will be getting from dell upgrade program)

Now, I tried to register my system on https://smartsource.dell.com/Web/Welcome.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fweb%2fmain.aspx  but after I click allow button noting happens...

What I am thinking is that I will re-install vista and restore my laptop to its factory state and then I will try again, but that will take lots of my time..

So, thats why I am posting this here so that I can get views from other people :)

33 Posts

November 11th, 2009 07:00

Does this even work? I have tried countless times.

I tried IE too as stated in the FAQ, the plugin downloads and installs then nothing happens.

6 Posts

November 11th, 2009 11:00

Spent half an hour with both IE and FF, same result. Btw, if any laptop owners out there have a bulge in their keyboard you may want to remove the keyboard and look under  it. I did and found a wad of masking tape of all things wrapped around a keyboard connector.

1 Message

December 17th, 2011 10:00

because dell is a rip off and sucks,,, buy toshiba!!!!

No Events found!