I am soon upgrading VISTA - 64 to Wndows 7 - 64 bit. After that I want to install Office Professional 2010. I currently have Office 2007 Professional and wonder if I have to uninstall it before 2010 goes on. Also - are there any "gotchas" in doing this? For instance, will my OUTLOOK contacts, email, etc. be affected by this?
Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.
You can upgrade to Office 2010.The upgrade should also keep your outlook contact, but you may want to back the contacts up just in case.At the link below are instructions for upgrading.
Thank you for the response. I do not know if I have 32 or 64 bit Office 2007. Displaying the ABOUT info I do not see this info, just the version. One last Q. How does one back up the contacts? Thanks again. Bob
The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
Here is how to upgrade from Office 2007 to Office 2010:
1. Download your Office 2010 setup from internet.
2. Fire up the installer, enter your product key and click Continue button.
3. In the next screen, accept the license agreement and click Continue to upgrade option.
4. Here you need to click Upgrade button as you would like to upgrade from Office 2007 to Office 2010. Simply click Upgrade button to begin upgrading from Office 2007 to 2010.
5. Once done, you will be asked to reboot your machine. Click Yes for the prompt to reboot your PC and complete the installation process. Enjoy Office 2010!
All versions of Office 2007 are 32 bit. The 64 bit version of Office was brought out in Office 2010.
Personally I would recommend a clean installation of Windows 7. See here for instructions for installing Windows 7 via A Clean Install: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/1434.1-1-a-clean-install-of-w...
As you will be using the 64 bit version of Windows 7 you might as well install the 64 bit version of Office 2010.
P.S. if you haven't yet purchased Office 2010, you may wish to try the Consumer Previe of Office 2013. It should be released soon: