Productivity Software

Last reply by 05-04-2009 Solved
Start a Discussion
3 Argentum

Outlook Express

I am having problems with my outlook express mail. When I open my e-mail it shows my new mail, then when I navigate or close it the mail disappears from my inbox? I hope I am at the right forum for someone can help me?

Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
5 Rhenium

You may have a corrupt .dbx file in Outlook Express. See this site for a fix.

Also make sure that you do not have Hide Read Emails checked. You can find this by opening Outlook Express, going to View>Current View and make sure there is not a check mark at Hide Read Emails.

Forum Member Since 2001

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
5 Rhenium

CSMBRN,  Unchecking HIDE READ Emails will probably fix your problem so you do not need to do the .dbx file fix.  Sometime we hit a certain series of keys which turn on functions so this HIDE READ Emails probably was turned on by mistake.

Forum Member Since 2001

View solution in original post

Replies (5)
7 Gold

What do you have Outlook Express set to do? How it handles emails that have been read is control by settings that you control.

3 Argentum

I have not changed any settings since I first installed it a year ago. Could you please give me some ideas as what to look for, and where do the e-mails go I can look and find them but I do not always know who has sent mail to me. Can there be brought back up with out searching for them? Thank the help inadvance.

5 Rhenium

You may have a corrupt .dbx file in Outlook Express. See this site for a fix.

Also make sure that you do not have Hide Read Emails checked. You can find this by opening Outlook Express, going to View>Current View and make sure there is not a check mark at Hide Read Emails.

Forum Member Since 2001

3 Argentum

Thank you, aps@sun. That (hide read emails) was checked I do not remember doing it, so do you feel that I still may have a corrupt .dx file? Or could I have done it by mistake?

5 Rhenium

CSMBRN,  Unchecking HIDE READ Emails will probably fix your problem so you do not need to do the .dbx file fix.  Sometime we hit a certain series of keys which turn on functions so this HIDE READ Emails probably was turned on by mistake.

Forum Member Since 2001

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions