Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

November 6th, 2003 17:00

Outlook Signatures

Does Anyone know how to make the advance editor on Outlook Express on the email Signature open in Ms Word instead of Notepad. I have the Internet options set to Ms Word. But it still doesn't want to open in the email advanced signature to Ms. Word. Does anyone know how to fix this on an Xp machine.

Thanks

My bad I am sorry I was talking about Outlook I have had way too much on my mind so its for Outlook not for OE. My bad.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

Outlook Express is part of Windows, not Office and is not anything like Outlook. Blame MS for the confusing names. You cannot use Word to edit anything in OE.

Message Edited by Mary G on 11-06-2003 02:31 PM

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 6th, 2003 19:00

Then the problem might be the kind of email you are using the signatures for. Web based HTTP email like Hotmail can't use Word as the editor.

4.4K Posts

November 6th, 2003 20:00

The help file says use Word. I experimented and the following works, including a picture.

In Word, open a new file, either compose your sig and save as HTML or RTF, or just save as, say blank.rtf or blank.html (I found the latter easiest).

In Outlook, options, Mailformat tab, set Word as Editor, choose HTML or rtf.
In Signatures, choose new, give the signature a name, choose use this file as template, browse to the file you made in Word (if you set rtf in Outlook, it will only show rtf files, ditto for html). Click Next. Now if you click Advanced Edit, Word opens. When you've made the changes, use save as, so that it will save in the signatures folder (it will have given the file the name you chose for the signature, and rtf or html extension, according to what you chose).

PS I have Office Outlook XP (2002), but I think it should work in 2000 as well).

Message Edited by JRosenfeld on 11-06-2003 10:54 PM

No Events found!