Highlighted
tlp5104
1 Copper

PC-Doctor Communications Manager 100% disk usage

I have an Inspiron 15R laptop that I've had for a few years now and just recently I've noticed that I have a problem with 100% disk usage when I boot up the computer.  This high-usage goes on for 10-15 minutes every time I boot up.  In looking at the Task Manager details, I see that PC-Doctor Communications Manager is the main culprit along with the Dell Data Vault Data Collector Service.  I noticed that PC-Doctor was last updated in Jan. 2019 and it seems like this problem may have started around that time.  I'm thinking of uninstalling the PC-Doctor app, but I'm not sure of the consequences of doing so.  This app does not appear in my Control Panel list of apps installed, so I'm not even sure how to uninstall it.  I saw an 'uninstall' app in the PC-Doctor folder, but again, I'm not sure if that's the proper way to uninstall it.  Any suggestions for either fixing this problem or removing the PC-Doctor app?  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: PC-Doctor Communications Manager 100% disk usage

Thank you for your message. You can disable PC doctor from the startup tab in the task manager.

Open control panel & check if you have any option that says Dell Support Assist remediation services & uninstall the same also disable the services.

There is no harm in uninstalling the application. You can uninstall it if you do not intend to use the application.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos