Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 7th, 2012 06:00

PK for Office 2007 not recognised after a clean Vista install and BIOS update

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 which i bought back in early 2008. Recently it had become slow so i decided to do a clean install of my MS Vista Home Premium. I also update my BIOS from A06 to A09.

Now i have come to re-install MS Office Home and Student 2007. I have entered the 25 character product key yet it results in a validation error. I have entered it multiple times now and have double checked that it is correctly entered each time yet i keep getting the validation error

I contacted Microsoft but they say that because it was a pre-loaded OEM copy that i should contact Dell...

What could have caused my problem?

Thanks

Alex

October 7th, 2012 07:00

Hi Alex,

Regardless of from where you have purchased the Microsoft Office Software, the activation has to happen on Microsoft server.

I would suggest that you try the phone activation method for activating your copy of Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student version.

To start the Product Activation Wizard:

1. Click Start
  2. Right-click Computer.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. At the bottom of this window, click Activate Windows.

In the Product Activation Wizard, follow these steps:

1. Click ‘Use the automated phone system to activate’.
  2. Click the drop-down menu, select the nearest location to you, and then click ‘Next’.
  3. The Microsoft Product Activation Center phone number is displayed at the top of the window.

Call this phone number to activate Microsoft Office. Ensure that you have the product key handy while calling. Explain to them that you purchased a retail copy of Microsoft Office along with a Dell system and that you have reinstalled the Windows and now the product would not activate. They should be able to help.

Let me know if you need further information or assistance. I will be glad to help.

9 Posts

October 7th, 2012 10:00

thanks

October 7th, 2012 11:00

Thank you for replying.

Were you able to register Microsoft Office 2007?

Let me know if you need any information or assistance. I will be happy to help.

No Events found!