Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2010 00:00

Pre-Loaded Microsoft Office Starter 2010

I had to reinstall my OS on my Dell computer thats only 6 weeks old, now I can not find the Pre-Loaded Microsoft Office Starter 2010 that came with the computer, its not on dells download page or on the discs I recieved form Dell, is there any way I can upload it again. Thanks

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 14th, 2010 05:00

Do you mean the "trial" version that is on most new PC's?  You can download a free Microsoft Office Trial version that is good for 30 or 60 days, the same as the one Dell loads on new PC's directly from Microsoft.

How did you reinstall?  The best way is with the Dell PC Restore, recovery partition on the hard drive.  It restores the PC to the original factory condition and no discs are needed.   F8 at power on accesses the PC Restore. 

September 16th, 2010 11:00

It was the pre-loaded version that I paid for when I ordered the PC, I also tryed the F8 key to get into the recovery partition on the hard drive but it doesen`t seem to work, I am useing windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 16th, 2010 12:00

Since it is a full, extra cost, version, you will have to contact Dell to get the Installation disc and the product key.  In the US you only have a very limited time (30 days) to request this from Dell.   After 30 days (US Customers) Dell will not do anything and this is well documented on this forum.

As far as the recovery partition, that would not do you any good, for MS Office, as you would need the Install disc and product key to reinstall. 

The "F8" must be pressed at power on and BEFORE Windows starts. 

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

September 16th, 2010 13:00

Starter Version does not cost anything and is very similar to the Trial Version but has only Word and Excel in crippled versions. It doesn't come with a disk and it cannot be reinstalled. It is only provided to manufacturers to load on new computers as a substitute for Works. More info HERE.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 11th, 2011 03:00

Looks like it can be downloaded and installed see here.

3.7K Posts

September 11th, 2011 06:00

Looks like it can be downloaded and installed see here.

That's a good find, downloaded it, and it works.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 11th, 2011 10:00

Yeah I have added the links to my wikis now. I think I have pieced together almost everything for a clean install of 7. Still can't find official Vista SP2 .isos available to the public however.

No Events found!