Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

October 24th, 2007 18:00

Problem with the Dell Media Direct 3 patch

I have heard that this is pretty rare but...I have an e1505 with media direct and when I try to run the patch, I get the message, "unable to install patch! your system must have power cinema 4.7 installed". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

February 2nd, 2008 19:00

I recently had to reinstall my harddrive and now it gives me the same message concerning PowerCinema 4.7.  I tried to install the patch, but it says it can not and will abort setup.  What do I do?

1.1K Posts

February 4th, 2008 11:00

Desiqtpie22:

If you have MediaDirect 2 installed and attempt to run this patch, you will receive the error "unable to install patch! your system must have power cinema 4.7 installed".

Which version of MediaDirect do you have? The patch is only for MediaDirect 3 users.

February 4th, 2008 12:00

I dont even think I have Media Direct anymore.  I had to redo the whole harddrive.  I can't play any dvds or anything in Windows media player or media center--it gives me that message.

1 Message

May 14th, 2008 21:00

I've got a problem with my dell media direct 3. i reformatted my hard drive and since then my media direct has not been working. so i downloaded the dell media patch 3 and it requested i had power cinema 4.7.

pls where can i get power cinema 4.7

pls help

mabelaworh

1 Message

May 19th, 2008 02:00

I have a e1505 that I have recently wiped the hard drive and started over.  I did get the cd's from dell to reinstall mediadirect 3. This is what I have done.

1) Used the "Reinstalling Dell MediaDirect 3 to prepare the hard drive"

2) used the windows xp cd to install operating system

3)obtained all the drivers from dell website and followed correct order of installation

4)used the "Reinstalling Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.0 software"

5)I then tried to install the mediadirect 3 patch and I get an error and I need Power Cinema 4.7

What do I need to do to resolve this issue of not being able to install this media direct patch?  I think I need this patch because I continued to use my computer and the memory usage was at 2 gig and a message about the page file changing occurred. Again, what do I need to do to resolve this issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Message

September 5th, 2008 02:00

I also have the same problem when I tried to load the critical patch for MediaDirect 3 to my Inspiron E1405. How to obtain a copy of the PowerCinema version 4.7. Thanks.

October 21st, 2008 06:00

Hi,

I've re install  my windows and when i tried to setup mediadirect repair utility (dell media direct 3 patch) i see the message "your system must have powercinema version 4.7 installed) and i search every where and i can't fined version 4.7!

please help me to download this software...

1.7K Posts

October 21st, 2008 19:00

You have to boot from the Media Direct before installing Windows to get things set up. Once that is done, you install Windows, load the required drivers for your system, and then from withing Windows you rung the media Direct CD again, and tell it to install.  Once that is done you should be able to update it to the latest version.

1.7K Posts

October 21st, 2008 20:00

Were the partitions those created by running the Media Direct Setup prior to installing the OS?  That setup routine does more than just create partitions, as the MBR has to have special settings that Windows doesn't add (and usually removes/overwrites during the installation) so Media Direct works correctly.

October 21st, 2008 20:00

i reformatted my HDD and create what partitions than required (a 50Mb in first and 2Gb at last ) and use media direct repair CD bootable but still have problem with installing dell media direct 3,

it still requred PowerCinema version 4.7 !

how can i fined this software...? :(

1 Message

January 28th, 2009 11:00

Problem with the Dell Media Direct 3 patch

I have an INSPIRON 6400 and I was trying to install Dell Media Driect 3 patch, but I get the message, "unable to install patch! your system must have power cinema 4.7 installed".  Can you help me where can I get power cinema 4.7? Thank you so much.

3.6K Posts

January 28th, 2009 16:00

4.6K Posts

January 29th, 2009 12:00

http://www.10001downloads.com/s/powercinema-4.7.html

You slipped up this time mate!  Such a question was a perfect opportunity to offer this link instead :emotion-55:

Yours is more 'user-friendly' right enough :emotion-2:

3.6K Posts

January 29th, 2009 13:00

My fault,that was the only hit i came back with doing a search.Did not realise it was a bad link.

No Events found!