ridgerunner51
6 Indium

Roxio Creator 2011 Additional Content Question

I purchased a Studio XPS 9100 desktop in May 2011.  Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.  It came with a full version of Roxio Creator 2011 not a starter version.  I did not receive any Roxio discs.  Not being familiar with Roxio software, I did not know what the program folder "Roxio 2011" with "Creator 2011 Additional Content" was for.  I recently found out that I should be able to download additional content that would provide many more menu styles than I have.  When I clicked on the "Creator 2011 Additional Content" button I was directed to a link that should have provided the download, but the download never finished.  The Roxio Creator 2011 software available from Dell's download site does not have the additional content and I receive an error message about CinePlayer when I run the setup.  I spoke with a Dell support person and was sent a CD for Roxio Creator 10.3 Premier Blu-ray, which is nothing like the Roxio software on my system.  Does anyone know if the additional content ever really existed for systems pre-installed with a "full version" of Roxio Creator 2011?  If it did, where I can get a download?  I am in the process of creating a DVD from a home video tape and I would like to have more options for the menu style.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Roxio Creator 2011 Additional Content Question

If it truly is a "full" (retail) version of Roxio, you should be contacting Roxio (the software vendor) about any issues with additional content.  

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
ridgerunner51
6 Indium

According to the Dell specs, when I purchased the system, it is a full version provided by Dell.  I have contacted Roxio and since it is an OEM install, they cannot help me.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I don't recall ever seeing this issue on the forum.  Unfortunately, you are past any free software support or even getting the discs (that is only the first 30 days).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
ridgerunner51
6 Indium

I downloaded Creator 2011 from "My Downloads" at Dell and the additional content was not there either.  I have taken advantage of an offer from Roxio to purchase Creator 2012 at a $40.00 discount.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sibinps
1 Copper

0 Kudos
sibinps
1 Copper

i use roxio  but this time not avlible for roxio creatiour  plse sent  roxio free downlod  site

0 Kudos