Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2012 02:00

Roxio Creator Starter

Hi, i have notebook L702x, please where is installation Roxio Creator starter, i try reinstall it and cannot found this sw.

I search on dell support, installation DVD, roxio page and cannot found it.

Thanks for help.

Vaclav

803 Posts

June 20th, 2012 07:00

Hi Kyssling

Welcome to the Community.

You need to install the My Dell Downloads application from the Dell support site which allows you to install Roxio Creator and other factory installed Dell software.

Open www.support.dell.com and click on My Account.

Enter the login credentials and under My Software you will find Factory Installed Dell Downloads. Click on it and the service tag will be registered. (Please use Internet explorer when installing My Dell Downloads. If the installation process prompts you to allow ad-ons, please go ahead)

You can also use this link to install My Dell Downloads: smartsource.dell.com/.../NewUser.aspx

After the installation is complete, restart the system and open My Dell Downloads application. Click on Roxio Creator and click on download at the bottom of the page. (Please make sure you select the correct version of Roxio)

Kindly reply with the results.

3 Posts

June 21st, 2012 05:00

Hi thanks for help,

Roxio now running properly. But i have one more question ...

When i try on Roxio "Check for updates" open dialog "Checking for new updates", but after 2-4 sec this dialog quit with no answer (There is not updates OR New update available). I can try this choice with the same reason ...

Can you say me where is possible problem ?

Thanks for your time and help !

V. Kysely

(but this is not that important as my problem with USB 3.0 port, i write Terry B, who moderate this problem on forum)

803 Posts

June 21st, 2012 07:00

Hi kyssling02,

Im glad to know the issue is fixed. I believe there are no new updates for Roxio to be installed right now. Use Roxio to burn a disc and you can be sure everything is working fine with it. However please let me know if there are any other issues with Roxio.

I could not find the USB 3.0 port problem you mentioned in the forum but glad to know Terry B is taking care of it. Please let me know about the issue or if you have any other questions.

Glad to be of help.

3 Posts

June 21st, 2012 09:00

Hi very thanks - here is my message to Terry B.:

--

Hi Terry,

please can you help me with my problem with USB 3.0 port, i answer you because you have a lot of replies on forum (en.community.dell.com/.../19353745.aspx) and nothing help me ...

My problem is when I plug flashdisk on USB 3.0 and copying files port often freeze and both USB 3.0 is not responded (until next restart). USB 2.0 port working properly. System is WIn 7 64bit.

I try :

a) New driver from dell pages 2.0.34.0 and new from Renesas 2.1.36.0

b) New updated BIOS (A17) and USB BIOS (firmware 4015)

c) Disable Power Management on all items on USB root

d) On Bios i try BIOS USB Emulation both (Enabled/Disabled)

But nothing help me ... Please can you say me what can I doing and help me ?

(I can prepare my ntb for remote connection for testing for you engineers if this help me)

Please answer me, and thanks for your time and help

V. Kysely

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

803 Posts

June 21st, 2012 11:00

Hi  kyssling02,

Thank you for the detailed information.

Please install the USB 3.0 Renesas driver from the Intel website using this link:

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Please restart the system and then connect the flashdrive in the USB 3.0 port to check if the issue is resolved.

Kindly reply with the results.

3 Posts

June 25th, 2012 02:00

Hi Satya, unfortunatelly not help me ...

I have two flashdisk (USB 2.0) and both USB 3.0 port on both flashdisks is still when i copying disconnected.

So thanks for help ... i try service Dell in Czech Republic, or you have any next advice ?

V. Kysely

803 Posts

June 25th, 2012 07:00

Hi Kysely,

Thank you for the reply.

If the service tag is transfered to Czech Republic support then you can contact them by clicking on this link:

support.euro.dell.com/.../index.aspx

November 14th, 2019 15:00

Summary: "The My Dell Downloads pre-installed software download site is no longer be available after 31 July 2017".
No Events found!