I had to reinstall Windows, as it is a University policy to install Windows 7 Enterprise on all laptops. I need to reinstall Webcam Central and the Fingerprint reader software . When I go to My Dell Downloads and try to add the system, I get the message "Service tag not supported". Where am I supposed to get the software from, as it isn't in the drivers downloads or with "Digital Delivery"?
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly follow the below steps.
1. Navigate to the Dell Support Website
2. Click My Account in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box provided.
3. Under the My Software section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)".
4. Click the checkbox that agrees to the Terms and Conditions of the My Dell Downloads website and click Register System at the bottom of the page
5. At the My Download Locker page, click the registered system that corresponds with the computer you are downloading Webcam Central to.
6. Under the Title section, look for Dell Webcam Central. There may be more than one listing for this software title.
7. Select the listing with the latest version number in the Version column. Click the checkbox under the Download column for this software, and at the bottom of the page click Download Now.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
9. Once the Dell Webcam software is installed restart the computer.
Social Media Support
Been there, done that! The link eventually sends you to https://smartsource.dell.com/web/main.aspx
When I try to add the system and it does the system scan, I get the message "Service tag not supported" back after it scans for a while.