Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2012 19:00

SyncUp preventing Windows and Dell Datasafe backups

I just bought a Dell XPS and I cannot backup the system because a number of SyncUp files are not were they are supposed to be (see error message to that effect below.) Has anyone seen this problem before? It is particularly annoying because the PC is brand new and because it seems that both SyncUp and Dell Datasafe are powered by Nero. As much as I like Dell products, there has always been some minor issue with a Dell generated software on every machine that I have ever bought, from a product tag that would not open, to memory scans that gave false error reports, to this now.

c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\syncup 0x80070002 The sytem cannot find the file specified

Thanks.

2 Posts

January 12th, 2012 05:00

I did the same. When SyncUp installs, it adds references to itself into the standard windows 7 libraries (see msdn.microsoft.com/.../dd861346.aspx for libraries explained) . If you open up your documents folder, you should see the libraries listed in the left pane. By default, there are 4 - documents, music, pictures and video. If you expand each of these, you should find a SyncUp folder. In all case where you find one, remove it, then try your backup again. I am hoping that this should address your problem. Let me know how you get on! My backup is in progress, so I can't tell you if it worked for me yet... Regards, Carl

2 Posts

January 12th, 2012 06:00

My backup has completed - no errors now.

1 Message

July 15th, 2012 14:00

Thank you for this suggestion. I also was getting similar errors on a new Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop computer. Removing the SyncUp folders eliminated the errors on my backups.

1 Message

July 16th, 2012 03:00

That worked for me too, thanks for the suggestion!

BTW, I had to view the library properties to remove the SyncUp folder (you'd have thought the uninstall would do that wouldn't you?)

10 Posts

September 7th, 2012 15:00

Thank U very much for above suggestions. I had the same problem. Backup is working fine now, after I have removed SyncUP folders via library properties as suggested.

1 Message

January 12th, 2013 18:00

Thank you so much for this information, Carl.  I ran my backup and got the error message. Got your solution, removed the SyncUp folders and reran. The system picked up on the 2nd disc where the error happened and finished running with no errors.  My 1st time checking out this option for Help  but definitely not my last.  Mary:emotion-2:

No Events found!