Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2008 12:00

Tuner Not Found - Media Center

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

I just reset my 8400, WINXP MCE 2005, to the factory condition and can not get the Media Center Settings for the TV Tuner to operate.

The tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed.  Please ensure that both the tuner hardware and a valid tuner hardware driver are installed.”

Have downloaded the most recent driver from the Dell site and it was installed.

Opened the computer and reset the Emuzed TVT3 Dual TV Tuner and reconnected the cable tightly.  From the System, uninstalled both Angel MPEG Device drivers from the hardware and re-booted.

How does one test for the Tuner?

How does one test for the Tuner driver being correct?

Is there a third party software that would test these?

What are your suggestions to solve this?

1 Message

March 15th, 2009 20:00

I am having this same problem.  I had to wipe and reload my Windows XP Media Center and now I get the same message as you when I try to set up the TV in Media Center. 

“Tuner Not Found

The tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed.  Please ensure that both the tuner hardware and a valid tuner hardware driver are installed.”

Like you, I've also downloaded the most recent driver and installed it, and I've reseated my Emuzed TVT3 Dual TV Tuner Card and connected all cables, but I cannot get Media Center to recognize the tuner card.  It worked fine before I did the reinstall of Windows XP Media Center.

No Events found!