Highlighted
uzumaki teja
1 Copper

WINDOWS 8 CORRUPTED - NOT BOOTING

I have purchased a DELL INSPIRON 15 3521 laptop with 64-bit, 500GB, i3 processor,4 GB ram   from US 1 month back and I am currently residing in India. Suddenly from yesterday, my system wont boot and is not progressing beyond the Dell icon screen. I have performed the system diagnostics by tapping f12 and all results are good. I am unable to open the advanced recovery options by tapping f8. Hard rebooting by pressing down power button while removing the battery and charging also didnot work. don't have any factory re-install discs. I think my Windows 8 OS is corrupted. 

Can I install another windows 7 or windows 8 OS and still can access my dell recovery and back up application ?

Then can I go back to restoring my windows 8 os from the dell recovery and back up application ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: WINDOWS 8 CORRUPTED - NOT BOOTING

Hi uzumaki,

You will not be able to access Recovery Environment using F8 key in Windows 8. Please try performing the below mentioned steps and check if it makes any difference:

• Change the SATA operation in BIOS (tap F2 on start up),from Intel Smart Response to AHCI.
  • Save changes in BIOS.
  • Reboot the system
  • Go back into Bios (F2) and change SATA operation from AHCI  to Intel Smart Response.
  • Save the changes
  • Reboot the system.
  • System should boot normally into Windows.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
Saharsh K
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
0 Kudos