Zombie Dell
1 Copper

Warranty Details via Dell product support page - Dell digital delivery.

Why have my Warranty Details changed after I have contacted support. I have recently contacted Dell support regarding a faulty hard drive (January 27/2016). I was sent to out of warranty support because my warranty was out of date 2.5 weeks (January 10/2016). One day later I log onto Dells Product Support page and have noticed under Warranty details for your Inspiron 5547. The warranty date had been changed to July 13/2015 (one year since it was shipped to Best Buy) and that Dell Digital Delivery was no longer there (previously dated to 2022). Now I get that my laptop is out of warranty either way but, Do I not have access to the software that was purchased with the computer for the life of the product?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Warranty Details via Dell product support page - Dell digital delivery.

Zombie Dell,

Dell Digital Delivery Warranty and Licensing

The entitlement for the license (and download) is kept available for 8 years or 10 downloads, and is not related to the hardware warranty.

In the case of a system exchange, the entitlement for Dell Digital Delivery (DDD) is transferred to the new service tag.

When the customer downloads an application, a copy of the installer is kept on their hard drive. So, a reinstall only requires another download if the HDD is replaced, wiped, etc. A simple uninstall/reinstall/repair typically won't require a download.

Dell Digital Delivery- Installing, Using, Troubleshooting and FAQ's

My Dell Downloads

Dell Download Center

Where Can I Download Drivers and Dell-Installed Software for My Dell Computer?

Dell Software Download Store

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number

0 Kudos