Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2011 14:00

What is SyncUp and why should I use it?

Is SyncUp basically only 2GB cloud storage? If so, then presumably I can uninstall it
without any problems - have just got a new XP15, very nice, and hearteningly free of
unnecessary preinstalled programs, except for McAfee (gone), BingBar (going) and SyncUp
(which will go if it's not doing something crucial).

Advice gratefully accepted.

Kate

• 

16.7K Posts

August 1st, 2011 07:00

ElviraKate,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You could uninstall if you do not wish to use this software. Below is what this software is used for in your computer.

SyncUP desktop application is a services platform for Dell's new generation of mobile phones. SyncUP lets the User conveniently play back music files, plus manage and create playlists. The User can play back photos and videos right on the PC with all the convenience of a built-in player. SyncUP also allows the User to create their own album collections for photos and videos. The User can preview all collections within a slide show mode.

SyncUP automatically downsizes videos to clips that need only a fraction of the storage space, to a video resolution that is dedicated to viewing on a handset and also transcodes them to a format your handset supports. There is no need to worry about file format, codecs and video resolution.

By taking the advantage of the iTunes library integration, the User can also play back iTunes playlists and manage media contents without running two applications together.

32 Posts

August 1st, 2011 10:00

Thanks for this, Jesse. I have now uninstalled it va Control Panel. Just to add (in case anyone else is trying to do this) I was confused by the continued presence of SyncUp folders in the Libraries, until I discovered that they too could be removed. Thanks again

Kate

1 Message

April 23rd, 2012 13:00

Hi,

I have this window every time that I start my laptop and I do not know if something wrong is happening, could you help me please?

SyncUP has stopped working

- Check online for a solution and clode the program

- Close the program

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event
Name:        CLR20r3

Problem Signature
01:      syncup.exe

Problem Signature
02:      1.12.9.100

Problem Signature
03:      4da420c4

Problem Signature
04:      mscorlib

Problem Signature
05:      2.0.0.0

Problem Signature
06:      4e154c6c

Problem Signature
07:      f50

Problem Signature
08:      7

Problem Signature
09:      N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB

OS
Version:                        

Locale
ID:                           

Read our privacy statement
online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not
available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

1 Message

April 24th, 2012 11:00

Hi, 

I also keep getting the same window as Macato. I have had my laptop about 2 months and up to now have not had a problem. Then just a few days ago the message that 'SyncUP has stopped working' appeared whilst I was working online. I  checked online for a solution and closed the program, as prompted, but then the window popped up again whilst I was working on MS Word.

Any help/advice on how to stop this message popping up would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 24th, 2012 12:00

EventType clr20r3, P1 , P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4816d837, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 36d5, P8 7f, P9 system.argument exception, P10 NIL.

.NET 2.0 Runtime error

.NET 3.5 and 3.0 both use the 2.0 CLR with add-on classes

The main issue, and the issue that causes the mysterious behavior is the unhandled exception coming out of the .NET runtime.

Could also be a MS Office 2007 Font issue

Description of the 2007 Office hotfix package

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956514

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (Full Package)

Download the full package, rather than the bootstrapper.

IMPORTANT: After installing the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 full package you should immediately install the update KB959209 to address a set of known application compatibility issues.
In addition, on Windows Vista/WIN7 x64 and Windows Server 2008 x64, install the update KB967190 to address a file association issue for XPS documents.

72 Posts

May 6th, 2012 17:00

I was getting same message as above.  SyncUp has stopped working.

I read several posts about it and that it was safe to uninstall.  I don't use it.  I thought I was just uninstalling SyncUp, but now I can't open some videos that I used Nero to make.

Is there any way to get the program back without the SyncUp?  I just did this today.  What if I restored system to yesterday or a few days ago?

1 Message

November 2nd, 2012 08:00

I would like to reinstall SyncUP

13 Posts

November 8th, 2012 05:00

You could uninstall if you do not wish to use this software.

Who to uninstall? Please provide a step-by-step introduction!

I also like to remove SyncUP entirely from my DELL laptop! What name I have to look for in the "Software Add/Remove panel"? There is no entry named Nero and only two entries with Dell in the name which has nothing to do with Nero (Quickset64 and Dell Webcam Central). Also there is not entry named "SyncUP" or something similar?

Also there is no process running with name syncapp.exe ... (displaying all processes from all users on the machine!).

This SyncUP stuff just drives me grazy! I created a Toolbar folder and then I discovers that SyncUP did "something":

%username%\SyncUP\Taskbar Toolbars\Utilities

Even I have deleted the SyncUP folder/library before but it apears again and again and again and it is just annoying! I am already using other sync software which work and I know how it works and what it does sync for me. But SyncUp is just a miracle. I don't like it and I like to get rid of it!

So, HOW TO REMOVE SyncUP from my system! Also contacted Nero but they say: DELL is responsible for that!!!

13 Posts

November 18th, 2012 02:00

1 Message

March 10th, 2013 06:00

dell inspiron

1 Message

January 24th, 2016 08:00

SyncUp wasn't working. Uninstalled it. Now can't open pictures. What now?

Running Win7.

No Events found!