Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2009 06:00

Where can I download Dell Datasafe Local Backup setup file?

After upgraded to Win7, I encountered the problem 'split failed' with Dell Datasafe Local Backup. I tried to manually update the program as someone suggested, but unfortunately the update program said that the program could not be located (I was wondering my system was x64 but still the local backup program was installed in 'Program Files (x86)' folder). Anyway, the update program indicated me to reinstall the program. However, I failed to find the setup file download, no matter in Dell website or through Google. Could somebody help here? Thanks in advance.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

November 15th, 2009 07:00

Here's the Dell page with all the info. It sounds like you might not be able to add this to an upgraded computer. Looks like it has to be a Factory Installed program like the older PC Restore.

"Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 is a backup application installed on Dell Inspiron, Studio and XPS computers as of April 22, 2009."

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 15th, 2009 07:00

Chris0917,

Not sure if this will help or not.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/datasafe/map?c=us&l=en&cs=19

If you have the Dell Data Safe program, then you could try installing it in the compatibility mode. I had to do this for my printer and some other items. I have included some of the installation instructions that I tell people with the printers. I do notice that sometimes we have files unzip and sit there.

Right click on the setup.exe file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista. Then install the proper drivers.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

Rick

4 Posts

November 15th, 2009 09:00

Thanks Rick, but the link you mentioned is for Dell Datasafe Backup Online but not the local one. And I have no idea if the compatibility option might work because I just cannot find the setup file to re-install the program. Maybe I should ask my question in another way, that is why the update cannot find the installation of the program in my system? That sounds ridiculous.

4 Posts

November 16th, 2009 15:00

So it means that I cannot reinstall the program by myself? That sounds a little silly. The update file downloaded by the manual update seemed to have 'x64' in its name, so the program itself should be installed as x64 version. If that's the case, why it was installed in the 'Program Files (x86)' folder in the factory? I'm certainly not a guru in computer, but to my understanding it might be the reason why the update application could not find the program installation in my system.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 16th, 2009 20:00

chris0917,

I just saw this on the request backup set of disk page...

If you recently purchased a Dell computer with the Windows 7 operating system and have DataSafe Local 2.0 on your system, you can create a set of Recovery Discs that contain a complete copy of all software installed on your Dell computer.

How do I know if DataSafe Local 2.0 is on my system?

• Click on start menu
  • Click on all programs
  • Click Dell DataSafe folder
  • Click Dell DataSafe Local Backup

Rick

1 Message

November 26th, 2009 09:00

Is there anywhere to DL the Data Safe local application?  I uninstalled and now can't find it on the recovery CDs.

4.6K Posts

November 26th, 2009 11:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

Is there anywhere to DL the Data Safe local application?

A link was/is provided in an earlier reply (by Rick - in the very first reply) :emotion-55:  Dell DataSafe

When you click that link/open that page, simply choose whatever region of the world you're from, then your specific country on the next screen, to be taken to the respective Dell DataSafe product page :emotion-5:

4 Posts

December 7th, 2009 11:00

Hoi guys,

I just got tired of being offering the link leading to the online DSL backup service and instead I turned to paragon's free backup & recovery tool. I'm not a guru in reviewing and comparing these backup utilities, but the paragon one seems to work for me well up to now.

Hope to be helpful.

Y.C.

December 7th, 2009 11:00

Hi shieldbearer,

did you find a solution yet?

because the answers you got are "quite" away from the topic. I have a similar problem, and I also want to download it. The support hotline gave the following link

http://software.informer.com/getfree-download-dell-local-datasafe/

wich just leads you to the dell homepage.

Looks like there is no setup for dell users available after they "lost" their pre-installed version.

Please, correct me when I am wrong!

But is there a setup for the "LOCAL" version of DSL?

December 7th, 2009 21:00

Thanks for the hint Chris0917,

but in my case I really have to have DSL instead of an other program, otherwise i can waste my hardware.

5 Posts

March 16th, 2010 14:00

Dell Datasafe Local Backup is only Available at Point-of-Sale and needs to be factory installed. If you uninstall the program you need to tap F8 on startup then do a factory install from the datasafe partition. (All Files will be lost).

DataSafe Pro product purchased after point of sale will be handled by a company called Digital Rive. All issues related to missing, wrong, or damaged media will be provided by them.

1 Message

May 29th, 2010 11:00

Hi!
Try this link: http://dslbdownload.ddsupdate1.com/dsl_reinstall_download.html

You can dload the basic version and opt to upgrade to premium if you like it. Hope that helps!

881 Posts

May 29th, 2010 15:00

I don't think that is quite right. I got it from here:

http://dslbdownload.ddsupdate1.com/dsl_reinstall_download.html

Jeff

EDIT: I was trying to reply to Devin1010

10 Posts

September 21st, 2010 15:00

Hello Jeff[

I followed the link and downloaded DataSafe local.

When trying to install, after installation was alomost done, I an error message: RPsetup error 1 - and installation stopped.

Tried 3-4 times - got the same error message over and over again. Any Ideas?

My laptop is is INSPIRON 6000 with winXP

thx in advance,

Boaz

881 Posts

September 21st, 2010 16:00

BOAZ - My bad. I read you post too quickly. I haven't heard of trouble installing DDSL. Any chance the download is corrupted? Did you shut down all other applications? I'll look around and report if I find anything.

Jeff :emotion-22:

No Events found!