Hi, Dell Community!
I had some problems with DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 in my new Studio 1747 laptop and I decided to reinstall it. However, when I uninstalled it, I noticed I can't download the setup file from Dell website! Nor the MyDellDownloads site, nor the drivers and utilities disk (included with the computer), nor the Dell drivers site!
Please, I want to get back my program, do I have to ask Dell or can you tell me where can I download it from?
I needed to recently install the DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 software after I installed Windows 7 but DELL Customer Service informed me that it is not possible as DataSafe Local Backup is factory installed and there is no disc either to install it. Apparently it can only be installed at the factory on a hidden partition on the hard drive.
I would suggest you first use Windows System Restore to restore your computer to the point before you had problems with DataSafe Backup or to the point before you uninstalled it, or use the DELL Repair Computer option (I think you press the F8 or F11 key when you restart your computer) so the computer automatically re-installs all the software and operating system to the exact state it was when you bought it (Backup all your data first and run the Windows Easy Transfer wizard too).
I tried the link above it does not work I get an error page
The webpage cannot be found
Thank you it worked. Marshalldoc. I just got off chat with Dell Support after 4 hours. I have a massive headache.
Ever since a Dell Tech came to my home to change the motherboard & fan in April 2011, he had to come back because he lost my webcam. TRUE
Comes back 2nd time, puts in new webcam and removes the motherboard he just changed a week prior & put the new one on, no kidding..
3rd time had to come back because my Battery AC Power Adapter Port is no longer their, no kidding!!!
4th time the idiot comes back again changes my motherboard that makes 4th and installs the battery ac power adapter....it get's even better..
I leave the room for 5 minutes, I come back in the room ask why is my laptop completely disassembled? He has extra screws, what!!
He leaves it is now 9:35PM, I go to my laptop that is not even 8 months old...theres a guy saying hey Dad from skype. I did not download skype.
This kid is at his USMC base in NC. I was really mad. I close that window and I have nothing on my laptop. The idiot removed my harddrive and didn't ask.
I called him and ask ED did you remove my harddrive, yes did you need anything from that. That what you stupid idiot.
My printer has not worked since, I have constant problems, and last week they finally send me a DELL Reinstall DVD for Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
When I put the dvd in it's for Vista......GREAT!!!
Yesterday I finalling get 5 CD's, I'll list them for you.
1. OS Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit Reinstallation DVD
2. DELL Drivers and Utilites Laptop Software for Vista 64
3. DELL Drivers and Utilites Laptop Software for Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
4. DELL Application CD reinstalling FastAccess Facial Recognition Software did'nt work.
5. DELL Resource Media Webcam Central Reinstalling CD.
I call logon to DELL SUPPORT CHAT today just got off chat about an hour ago.
No Printer still, cannot logon to my Dell DataSafe Online
Now just to let you know this is the 5th time doing reinstalls for my laptop.
After all the hours with Dell Support Chat, he thinks he downloaded my driver for my DELL 968 AIO Printer doesb't work. I told him so. Same download they tried
since last April 2011. Then this is what he wants me to do, because he thinks the DVD?/CD's are corrupt... I said that's what the last guy said that's why they sent me all the CD's. He wants me to do another reinstall check it out. This would be number 6 reinstall. This is the end of the Chat.
Rep ID xxxxx (16:42:07):
1. Insert the Microsoft 7 Install DVD into the DVD drive of the computer.
2. Restart (or power on) the computer.
3. Press the F12 key as soon as the keyboard lights up.
4. Click CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive, and then press Enter.
5. When prompted with the message Press any Key to Boot from a CD or DVD, press a key on the keyboard.
6. Click Language, Time, Currency and Keyboard Method, and then click Next.
7. On the Windows Vista Installation page, click Install Now.
Rep ID xxxxx (16:42:07):
8.read the terms.
Rep ID xxxxx Jaswant (16:42:14):
9. Review the terms and click I accept the license terms to proceed.
10. On the Which type of installation do you want? window, click Custom (advanced).
11. On the Where do you want to install Windows window, click Drive options (advanced).
12. Click Disk 0 Partition 1, and then click Delete.
13. On the If you delete this partition, all data stored on it will be permanently deleted window, click OK.
14. On the Where do you want to install Windows window, click New
15. When prompted to select the size of the file, select the size, and then click Apply.
16. Click to select the partition, and then click Format.
17. On the If you format this partition, all data stored on it will be permanently deleted window, click OK .
18. On the Where do you want to install Windows window, click Next.
Rep ID xxxxx (16:42:26):
19 click on next.
Rep ID xxxxx (16:42:34):
20. When the Setup window appears, select a user name, password, and picture for your user account.
21. On the Choose a computer name and choose a desktop background window, click Next.
22. On the Help Protect Windows automatically window, click Use Recommended Settings.
The Review your time and date settings window appears.
23. Click to select your time zone, and then click Next.
24. After the Thank You message appears, click Start.
I starting cracking up, since I was up all night and had 2 hours of sleep missed all my work that I need to have down by tomorrow, and he
wants me to do another reinstall for the 6th time!!!! Give me a break.
My sympathies. All I can say is that my experience with Dell Support has been much better than yours (although I've never had a tech come to my home).